Current solutions and designs.
rubber_jonnie

Re: no-software internal RTC

Post by rubber_jonnie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 pm

exxos wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 pm
It's slightly annoying that I did have a picture of a battery back up mod for the ST keyboard, but I don't seem to be able to find it right now :(
Peters site has the diagram of it. I have seen it done on keyboards I have had in the past, but mostly was just leaked batteries so got binned.
I meant an actual photo, rather than a diagram, it did give a good indication of what needed to be built, and it was quite small.

Just playing with my STE just now, and I think the CosmosEx can do clock setting from the Pi, may give that a try, though not immediately helpful since the CosmosEx is not available :(

I can see why something transparent is appealing though, as you don't need to be plugging in carts, doing very difficult internal soldering, or messing around with various bits of software.

Not only did I need Troed's Y2K corrector, but I also had to find a version of the ForgetMeClock software that had been modified to allow setting of dates past 1999, and then I had to use the Areal clock accessory to put the time on screen!

It's frustrating that I'm no programmer, as I'd love to get involved at TOS level.
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST + Gotek, 1040STF, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx
Plus the rest..
C64 + 1541 and cassette, 2x Sinclair QL, Mac Classic, Mac Performa 6200, Amiga 1200, ICL One Per Desk, Epson HX20, Dreamcast, original Xbox, SNES and a bunch of other bits n bobs I can't remember right now. :D
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

Petari

Re: no-software internal RTC

Post by Petari » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Since RP5C15 has 6 bits for year, it means that it could count years up to 2043 - calculating by start year=1980 , and 6 bits can be 0-63 . That means that chip self is actually OK for this century too ( well, for first 43% of :D ) , but TOS handles it not properly. Probably just displaying part - but that needs some accurate tracing of whole thing. May happen soon, and that would be nice TOS patch :D