Does this indicate bad connection

The place to ask all those likely daft questions!
PhilC

Re: Does this indicate bad connection

Post by PhilC »

@zChris please remind me, you are using the 6 rom 192k image of EmuTOS right? And you've not got a rom decoder board yet?

It may be that that version of TOS will run ok on a 68000 but not properly on an 030? I know Agranlund used a cut down 192k 6 chip rom image but used it specifically to load a 256k image into ram.

I'm happy for you to send your TF536 and machine to me to see if I can get it up and running but I might not be successful either. That said I have had it running with a decoder board in a couple of my STFM test boards and on a couple of Megas.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

My first thought would be to reseat the MMU. I had no end of troubles which seemed to be coming from the 68000 socket or the TF and it turned out to be the MMU's connection in the socket. Reseating (and using a contact cleaner) fixed it.

(Every now and again I have to pull the chip and put it back in even now.)
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
zChris

Post by zChris »

@PhilC ive used Agranlunds EmuTOS 0.9.x file that i have splitted to 6 pieces. And then i have a GOEX thats loaded with the 256 version of EmuTOS in the auto folder.

When i start with MC68000 i get sound output from the atari since there is no keyboard installed. But it is silent when i try with the turbocard.

I have another 520STfm that i will try to get it running on before im considering sending it away :)

@stephen_usher thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

/zChris

Return to “NOOB QUESTIONS”