Is there a switcher for CPU / TF board?

The place to ask all those likely daft questions!
bartekmalysz

Is there a switcher for CPU / TF board?

Post by bartekmalysz »

Hi all,

I didn't have time to follow the community for a long time, but I refer speaking with someone about the idea of Switcher board that would allow you to boot Amiga either from stock 68k or TF board. Is it possible?

Thanks and stay safe
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a switcher for CPU / TF board?

Post by exxos »

I think @stephen_usher was doing such a board..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

Correct, thank you
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Mine was for the ST, but without the ROM logic should work equally well in the Amiga, assuming the space is correct.

I can send to you the full KiCad files so that you can design a simplified version for the Amiga.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
derkom

Post by derkom »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:00 pm Mine was for the ST, but without the ROM logic should work equally well in the Amiga, assuming the space is correct.

I can send to you the full KiCad files so that you can design a simplified version for the Amiga.
This is perhaps getting a bit too far from the original source. @stephen_usher's board is based on my board, which is based on an Amiga board called "garlic". Might be best for @bartekmalysz to go all the way back to the original, which came from a1k.org. Looks like maybe a login is required to read the thread over there, but 8 Bit Dreams posted a link to the garlic schematics over here. In fact, that whole thread is probably worth a read.

I ended up having to switch a bit more to make the Atari happy, but apparently the simpler garlic setup is fine for Amigas.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

@derkom the O.P. has been in contact with me. He doesn't have soldering skills at all so would need someone else to build the board for his CD32.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

CDTV to be precise, and yes, I'm on the edge when it comes to space there:

CDTV with TF536 and SD2IDE it also uses Go0se's relocator for CDTV

20201017_142815.jpg
20201017_142815.jpg (444.55 KiB) Viewed 2829 times

Return to “NOOB QUESTIONS”