TF Riser Revision 0 Arrives

TF CD32 Riser

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF Riser Revision 0 Arrives

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:12 pm The 4xx dual USB one you’ve been using

Could you have a look at STM32F722 (RET6) ? 2x USB, 512k Flash i 256 RAM, should be plenty ? and available in RS-online
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Is there one with an RTC?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:27 pm Is there one with an RTC?
It looks like this one has RTC as well. At least there is config section of RTC on STM32CubeIDE for this chip (more sections than on f105), and documentation suggest that there is one.
https://www.st.com/resource/en/datashee ... f722re.pdf (Page 35)
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Figured out why the mouse isnt working...although i've not actually fixed it yet.

After each keyboard interaction the GPIO port is set to input with...

amikb_direction(DAT_INPUT); // Default
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

What chip did we finally decide on? I've completed the TF536 updates and Tf360 updates (both are on order)... next one to do is the riser.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok... going with the 722RET... Any layout opinions?
placement.JPG
placement.JPG (133.58 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Should we go with this?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/type-a-u ... s/6741353/

or 2 x separate?

Also does anyone know anything about the floppy disk signals.. Should i wire them up to the ARM (i think i can do all the CIA stuff in the CPLD).

e.g. can the STM32 decode the raw MFM signals. We have a spare SPI port on here i figured we might try this out.
———
juz400

Post by juz400 »

The stacked USB port isnt much bigger than a PS/2 connector, if its in the same position as the kipper those lucky peeps with a 3D printed rear cover will be overjoyed!
If the floppy is a no go, could the Amiga parallel port be an option?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-to-25-Pi ... SwmFVeDByX
I would love a ParNet cable, Im having a `mare with transfering stuff onto the CD32 to try out
I dont think the CD drive enjoys me opening the case like a car bonnet to swap the CF cards but I would rather the CD die over TF330/CD32 edge connector damage.
Any streams coming up? its always time well spent seeing how you are getting on!
go0se

Post by go0se »

Is the idea here to provide a floppy drive connector or to emulate the floppy on the riser? Perhaps the Gotek schematics could be of assistance here?

* Disclaimer * I'm unsure if the attached are up to date or even accurate, but might help for guidance.
Attachments
gotek_fde.zip
(628.71 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

juz400 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:49 pm The stacked USB port isnt much bigger than a PS/2 connector, if its in the same position as the kipper those lucky peeps with a 3D printed rear cover will be overjoyed!
If the floppy is a no go, could the Amiga parallel port be an option?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-to-25-Pi ... SwmFVeDByX
I would love a ParNet cable, Im having a `mare with transfering stuff onto the CD32 to try out
I dont think the CD drive enjoys me opening the case like a car bonnet to swap the CF cards but I would rather the CD die over TF330/CD32 edge connector damage.
Any streams coming up? its always time well spent seeing how you are getting on!
The TF360/330 has wifi capability with the esp_slip_router.... i\ve just not managed to get it going yet. Just need to figure out how to make Roadshow work with slip. I'd prefer to use Amiga explorer that way TBH.

I've got a single SPI port on the arm available that could be wired to the floppy... maybe it will work or maybe it wont. I just want to give it the best chance.
———

Return to “TF CD32 Riser”