PhilCs H5 C1 build

Share your building progress here!
JezC

Re: PhilCs H5 C1 build

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Is that another Rev 3 ST TF536 just to the right of your H5C1...? If so....you tease! :lol:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

JezC wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 pm @PhilC Is that another Rev 3 ST TF536 just to the right of your H5C1...? If so....you tease! :lol:
No, that's something a little better :lol: a rev 5
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Ooh, nice... waiting for more information about that soon - please @exxos

Given the periodic shortages of components, my second TF536 build has stalled for a few months... :(
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@JezC its like a rev 3 with a couple of extra jumpers to be honest :D

I've been testing it on and off because of @exxos having far too much to do.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Ah ok. It's mostly the shortage of the fast Xilinx CPLDs that has stopped me ordering the ST v3 TF536 from the store already.

I wish I had the opportunity to help with the developments... trying to do a bit less overtime at work, so might actually start to clear my backlog of retro project work for a change...

Downside will be a bit less money to spend on those hobbies...though we're still hoping for a bonus in September (so first chunk of that is for that Master & then see what is left after paying for the cooker & car service and MOT etc.) :roll:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

The rev5 doesn't like TOS running in fast ram for some reason. Also the brand of DMA chip does odd things. It needs investigating and likely TOS patches doing. Its a huge undertaking which isn't worth spending the time on just for like 3 boards which will likely sell. No problem if someone else wants to debug it all, but nobody will :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@exxos If only I knew how, then I would have a go.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Happy to help where I can...even have a selection of DMA chips (including IMP & non-IMP versions) I can try with H4/H5 boards...and a Xilinx programmer clone to try out.

(Note to self: try updating the existing TF536 V2 card CPLDs and test on the H4#1....)

Edit: I used to use the MACH 445/465 CPLDs and some early Xilinx 95xx parts back in the 90s, just need to refresh myself with the specifics of these newer devices and the tools

Return to “H5 C1 USER BUILDS”