FOR SALE STF/E KEYBOARDS (UK)

List your Atari wares and wants here.
Smonson

Re: FOR SALE STF/E KEYBOARDS (UK)

Post by Smonson »

I would definitely love to have a UK keyboard (my ST is German) but whether I can afford it or not is down to the postage to Australia for such a big object. I really only need the key caps. Any chance I could buy a whole board and you just post the key caps and throw the rest in the bin? I understand if it's too much trouble to remove them - I can live with a German keyboard.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Yeah I can do that.

Will start sorting through people's requests shortly...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
grobda

Post by grobda »

I'd take the rest of the de-key-capped keyboard above (or a whole one if there are any left) as I have an STFM with a broken keyboard PCB - the centre support punched a hole through it when it was posted to me.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

grobda wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:47 pm I'd take the rest of the de-key-capped keyboard above (or a whole one if there are any left) as I have an STFM with a broken keyboard PCB - the centre support punched a hole through it when it was posted to me.
I have the decapped one still, send me a PM and will work out postage.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

Just thought I'd let you guys know, seeing some of you talk of faded keys, the one thing Atari didn't skimp on was keycaps. All ST keys (not TT/MSTE) are doubleshot plastic. The legend actually goes right through. Take a cap, turn it upside down and you'll see both colors there. You can't wear them out, therefore they cannot fade. Retrobrite and scrub them all you want, they'll be like new. Promise.

Also, note that Atari used several shades for both caps and legends so I would suggest that you don't sell a key separately because chances are it will stick out like a sore thumb. But then again, I'm slightly OCD and most might not give a shit :)
sandord

Post by sandord »

Atarian Computing wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm Retrobrite and scrub them all you want, they'll be like new. Promise.
I word of warning there, albeit not a big one: I did a retrobrite on my keycaps this summer and I managed to fade the key enscriptions for about 20%. The keys became way too bright because I left them for like 6 hours in very bright sunlight (about 30C). But if you check the colour regularly to keep the light part of the keys from becoming too bright, the dark plastic which the key labels consist of, will stay okay.
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

sandord wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm
Atarian Computing wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm Retrobrite and scrub them all you want, they'll be like new. Promise.
I word of warning there, albeit not a big one: I did a retrobrite on my keycaps this summer and I managed to fade the key enscriptions for about 20%. The keys became way too bright because I left them for like 6 hours in very bright sunlight (about 30C). But if you check the colour regularly to keep the light part of the keys from becoming too bright, the dark plastic which the key labels consist of, will stay okay.
Actually, that's what I first thought as well. But no. It's actually residue from retrobrighting that causes that "fading". Get a green dishwashing sponge thingy and scrub a keycap and Bob's your Uncle.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Atarian Computing wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 am Actually, that's what I first thought as well. But no. It's actually residue from retrobrighting that causes that "fading". Get a green dishwashing sponge thingy and scrub a keycap and Bob's your Uncle.
Can second that. Retrobright leaves some white residue that is actually not that easy to remove, especially when you let it dry out. If you only casually rinse the parts afterwards, chances are, there is still some left. Scrubbing helps, but is of course PITA.
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
JezC

Post by JezC »

Any idea when you will be ready to send out the keyboards?

I'm just planning to order some bits from your store & still interested in a couple of these keyboards to go in at the same time...

Probably looking to press the button (sorry for the bad pun!) in the next week but I can wait until the end of the month if that will give you more time. :D
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I've sent out some already last week.. Someone else wants one as well, been a bit swamped with everything going on this week :(

My workshop is under a flood of boxes at the moment, will see how many there is left next week... I think there is 4 currently.. at least complete ones... there are a couple with broken or missing keys I think as well.

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”