WANTED COSMOSEX

List your Atari wares and wants here.
Anzac

WANTED COSMOSEX

Post by Anzac »

Really, really want a CosmosEX... :?
____________________________________________________________________________________
Atari 2600 Jr - Atari Mega ST - Atari Mega STe - Atari TT - Atari Falcon - SH205 - Megafile 20
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WANTED COSMOSEX

Post by exxos »

Anzac wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:03 am Really, really want a CosmosEX... :?
I was talking to jookie about this a few weeks ago, not heard of anything solid. I did offer to produce them, but a rumor says lotharak ? might be doing them. Though jookie is having a break from Atari stuff for a while, so not sure when they will get produced again :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Anzac

Post by Anzac »

yeah, i also emailed Jookie when he said was making and selling the final batch.

however, when i received his reply, he was already out of stock... :(

he should receive the credit that he´s due on making such a great product, it´s a shame he didn´t feel like there wasn´t enough interest to keep the project going, though there were also some tax issues involved where he would lose an exemption that is temporary in nature (i think... in Portugal happens something similar).

i always thought that CosmosEX was a (trump voice) TREMENDOUS, FABULOUS piece of hardware that solved most of the common problems using Ataris on the modern age. that they´re not available anymore is SAD, BAD... ;)

it would be great if he could partner with someone and make things easier for all involved. i even offered help at the time... :)

keeping fingers crossed.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Atari 2600 Jr - Atari Mega ST - Atari Mega STe - Atari TT - Atari Falcon - SH205 - Megafile 20
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Other than Jookie wanting to have a rest from it all, it was "business licence" costs which closed him down more than anything. He would have to pay something like $200 a month to run his Atari hobby as a business, like most Atari projects, there just isn't enough sales to recover those costs easily. I guess he could put the price up maybe $30 each unit, but after the first month of sales, stuff generally goes quiet. I don't blame him for not wanting to get involved in such risks. I've lost £2,000+ this past year personally in projects. There isn't much profit to be made in retro stuff, and $200 a month "tax" just kills the project totally, which is what happend to Jookie :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Anzac

Post by Anzac »

exxos wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm Other than Jookie wanting to have a rest from it all, it was "business licence" costs which closed him down more than anything. He would have to pay something like $200 a month to run his Atari hobby as a business, like most Atari projects, there just isn't enough sales to recover those costs easily. I guess he could put the price up maybe $30 each unit, but after the first month of sales, stuff generally goes quiet. I don't blame him for not wanting to get involved in such risks. I've lost £2,000+ this past year personally in projects. There isn't much profit to be made in retro stuff, and $200 a month "tax" just kills the project totally, which is what happend to Jookie :(
and this is where i still believe crowdfunding would help everyone involved...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

I would indeed be a crying shame if the CosmosEx disappeared into obscurity, Jookie has done an amazing job with it, and i consider myself very lucky to have one.

He really does need massive credit for what he's done, and I truly hope there is a way to ressurect it, and it's sibling, the MicroCosmos.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
DrF

Post by DrF »

exxos wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:19 pm Yeah, I have that problem. Don't sell something for years, then when its out of stock, everyone want its.

Why does that always happen, you spend ages looking for that magic object then when you do they only made 10, it's out of stock, no more made ever for whatever reason :(
kristoffel.loos

Post by kristoffel.loos »

Hi all,

Oh boy where do I begin, :ugeek: I really really reaaally want the full blown CosmosEx ;)
I'm only back into the Atari ST life since I bought back my very first computer the Atari 1040 STfm a few months ago.

I heard about the CosmosEx a few weeks later but Jookie didn't have any in stock at that time, then he made the CosmosEx but the mini version.
I was planning to order one but was blown away how fast it was sold out, I like you already guessed it I was too *$!FW... late!!!

I'm need one so bad I even look for one on ebay, what was I even thinking.

So please, if you make any hardware soon, please let it be the CosmosEx but the full blown version where you can run even .ST images an all the nice extra features, 8-)

Best regards,

Kristof Loos
1 MB Atari ST 1040 FM + Mouse + Joysticks - Uberswitch VI - Atari 2600 junior - Atari ST manuals -
jookie

Post by jookie »

Hello,

currently I'm not making devices as I'm somehow burned out from everything I did in the last few years... I'm considering to leave the making of devices to someone else, and the schematics and pcbs will be public soon. More info later.

Regards,
Jookie
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that, burn-out is really serious, so please take care of yourself!
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”