WANTED: ST(M) badge.

List your Atari wares and wants here.
stephen_usher

WANTED: ST(M) badge.

Post by stephen_usher »

During the process of retro-brightening my original 520STM's top case, which was a deep orange colour, the paint on the badge has lifted off and washed away. It's very nice and shiny now but no-longer says "Atari", so I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm guessing that the STF(M) case badge is probably different in size and possibly shape as well, so it would have to be an ST(M) badge.

Any ideas where I might get one?
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
stephen_usher

Re: WANTED: ST(M) badge.

Post by stephen_usher »

Well, after much to-ing and fro-ing Best Electronic said they had found a couple after I ordered a couple on STFM badges and that they'd put them in the package along with the replacement SF314 drive they said that they found.

The package arrived today and they're... STFM badges (and the floppy drive is actually a long-button STFM drive and not an SF314 one with non-standard connectors). Oh well.

P.S. If anyone does have a long-button SF314 drive mechanism (non-standard, single line of pins connector), working or non-working I'd be interested. I'm just looking for the Side-1 head unit as I damaged the one on mine a long time ago when foolishly trying to clean it with a cotton bud through the slot. It (mostly) works as a single sided drive currently, until the system asks it to read a double sided disk and it gets upset.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”