FOR SALE MEGA ST CASE UK

List your Atari wares and wants here.
JezC

Re: FOR SALE MEGA ST CASE UK

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am As I like to say, 'good luck with that'.

Also, unicorns.
:lol:
DoG

Post by DoG »

I bought 2 Mega ST1 for half the price of 1 Mega keyboard. The Megas was however sold as broken/parts and the keyboard was almost mint condition.
atari030

Post by atari030 »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am
JezC wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:03 am Now all @rubber_jonnie needs is a proper Mega ST keyboard... :hide: :poke:
As I like to say, 'good luck with that'.

Also, unicorns.
They exist, I picked one up for $40 from Sydney last year. I half hope I don't fix my second Mega so I don't have to look for another keyboard. :D
JezC

Post by JezC »

atari030 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:25 pm They exist, I picked one up for $40 from Sydney last year. I half hope I don't fix my second Mega so I don't have to look for another keyboard. :D
I thought you meant the Unicorn... :lol: :roll:
My daughter would probably commit numerous crimes to get an actual Unicorn...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:47 pm I thought you meant the Unicorn... :lol: :roll:
My daughter would probably commit numerous crimes to get an actual Unicorn...
I expect many daughters would commit actual crimes to get their hands on a actual Unicorn!

@DoG My first Mega 4, for £65, came via a FB buy and arrived missing a Blitter and a sound chip. Case also cut for a replacement floppy. Now something of a flagship in my collection with a Gotek, internal IDE and dual ROM with Emutos/2.06. My Mega 1 also came via FB at £50, but was in excellent condition and now sports a patched TOS 1.04 so it can boot from the internal Megabus IDE adapter. Sadly NIETHER came with a keyboard, but I do have an Eiffel, which is something.

As for my current @exxos sourced machine, I think he's selling it me in parts, so maybe there'll be a keyboard down the road somewhere!! :)

It has an odd FDD fault and a RAM error too, so working on those.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I only have 2 keyboards, both need repairs and new key caps. The only other mega stuff I have is my test board now. I've got 2 hard drives like the metafile but 3rd party. Mostly I got them for diagnosing DMA faults. They be up for grabs once I test them out.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
DoG

Post by DoG »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:07 pm...My Mega 1 also came via FB at £50, but was in excellent condition and now sports a patched TOS 1.04 so it can boot from the internal Megabus IDE adapter. Sadly NIETHER came with a keyboard, but I do have an Eiffel, which is something...
My two Mega1 only cost £20 each from the same eBay seller. Both PSU had a blown main fuse. So never used or tested them. The plan was to have something with more power anyway so I could attached more goodies inside. So I use MeanWell RT-65B in them (Got -12V if I need for gfxcards). One had RAM fault. Yellow cases, No RF-shield (but who cares) and no battery cover for either of them. Bought one almost mint Mega Keyboard without cable and one, new in a box, pristine TT-keyboard from an known Atari seller. Just asked him over email if he got any Swedish keyboards. And He did.

I also got an Eiffel, with screen, box and I just soldered in a NTC temp sensor on it. Was annoyed every time that it displayed +6 degrees on boot.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:54 pm I only have 2 keyboards, both need repairs and new key caps. The only other mega stuff I have is my test board now. I've got 2 hard drives like the metafile but 3rd party. Mostly I got them for diagnosing DMA faults. They be up for grabs once I test them out.
Keyboards are DEFINITELY of interest
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am
JezC wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:03 am Now all @rubber_jonnie needs is a proper Mega ST keyboard... :hide: :poke:
As I like to say, 'good luck with that'.

Also, unicorns.
Going to be a cold day when @JezC cons someone to trade a mega for his keyboard. Although if he does it will be a mega with a buthered floppy opening. Maybe just a buthered mega case without the board for the keyboard.. :hide: :cry:
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PaulJ Now I've got the second Mega ST I'm not really looking for any more...at least not until I reduce the number of STF/Ms a bit :D

Though I do have 3 Mega keyboards & only 2 Megas, one is short a couple of key tops & I've not yet found a source for replacing them :(

I won't worry about adding to the collection until H4 #2 & the H5 are sorted. ;)

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”