For Sale Atari flashed TF536 + TOS decoder board

List your Atari wares and wants here.
coonsgm

For Sale Atari flashed TF536 + TOS decoder board

Post by coonsgm »

For sale a fully assembled and flashed TF536 board vintage early February.
-Assembled and flashed by the pro here alenppc
-Decoder board is vintage late February with the socket soldered by me

Reason for selling is the Mega ST intended as the home for these has been very difficult to work with to get installed due to far too many reasons that have nothing to do with either the decoder board or the TF536 and everything to do with my Mega ST motherboard.

I am located in the US so would prefer to sell here if possible to avoid long shipping times and customs etc, but willing to discuss

Selling both for $125 USD + shipping
IMG-1003.jpg
IMG-1003.jpg (177.93 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
JezC

Re: For Sale Atari flashed TF536 + TOS decoder board

Post by JezC »

Sorry to hear about your problems getting these going in your Mega. :(

If you do consider sending them across the pond, I would be very interested.

We have an office in the US too, so I can see if posting it to them would be allowed as an alternative?
DoG

Post by DoG »

Sorry to ask, but what firmware did @alenppc program the xilinx with?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DoG wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:00 pm Sorry to ask, but what firmware did @alenppc program the xilinx with?
Thats a good point actually.. theres several versions of Atari firmware floating about currently..

I assumed it was purchased from @PhilC as AFAIK was the only guy who was selling Atari versions.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
coonsgm

Post by coonsgm »

Let me ask Philc sent the firmware to Alenppc who did the flashing. I'll verify and get back on that...it was done just about 2 weeks ago.
coonsgm

Post by coonsgm »

The issue was getting the decoder board working with the original 68k CPU. The TF experienced the same errors as the 68k...it's pretty clear it's my board :(
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

coonsgm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:32 pm The issue was getting the decoder board working with the original 68k CPU. The TF experienced the same errors as the 68k...it's pretty clear it's my board :(
Decoder board is working though as its booting TOS :? If you honestly think there is a problem with the decoder, you could send it back for me to re-test, but im not sure it would be worth the postage trips.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
coonsgm

Post by coonsgm »

No the problem is getting the decoder board to work with my Mega ST board. I 100% believe the decoder is working the way it should, my motherboard just doesn't like the decoder :)

Sorry if I wasn't clear...I trust you more than the Atari engineeers :)
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Hi guys, the firmware flashed is this one: https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =10#p50302

(As recommended by @PhilC). Fun fact, the board will boot on the Amiga with this firmware also (just no RAM or IDE are seen as expected).

I generally don't sell boards flashed with the Atari fw since I have no way of testing them properly at home, and I can't help with the installation but this time was an exception since I was geographically closer to coonsgm.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Or better the one from the day before if you don't use Magic-C as the one pointed to breaks things slightly.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”