6 PIN ENGLISH TOS Chips

List your Atari wares and wants here.
friijy2001

6 PIN ENGLISH TOS Chips

Post by friijy2001 »

Hi everyone,

Having play with another STFM that has TOS ver 1.0 installed on 6 Chips, I noticed there is no stock of the 1.4 6 chips so wondered if anyone has some spare?

Any help would be great.
Call me Stephen :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6 PIN ENGLISH TOS Chips

Post by rubber_jonnie »

I'd personally suggest that you look for something like a TL866 Pro and then you can burn your own sets easily. 27C256 eproms are quite readily available, and it's a useful tool to have in the retro arsenal.

Plus if you also buy erasable chips and a simple UV eraser then you can make mistakes comfortably without worrying about ruining the chips.

There are tools like ROMSPLIT and CARTMAN that allow you to split the ROMS up easily with an emulator like Hatari or under Windows.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
friijy2001

Post by friijy2001 »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm I'd personally suggest that you look for something like a TL866 Pro and then you can burn your own sets easily. 27C256 eproms are quite readily available, and it's a useful tool to have in the retro arsenal.

Plus if you also buy erasable chips and a simple UV eraser then you can make mistakes comfortably without worrying about ruining the chips.

There are tools like ROMSPLIT and CARTMAN that allow you to split the ROMS up easily with an emulator like Hatari or under Windows.
As I will be only doing this once I don't fancy buying the TL866, but if someone has one in the UK happy to post them over and have them burn them for me :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

If you get stuck I could do a set from my store, but I don't think I will have time to do it this week..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
friijy2001

Post by friijy2001 »

That would be great and no rush, I need to order a couple of bits from your store so if we could add to it that would be great. If I ping you a message when I am ready :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

If you're doing it just the once, then I take your point.

Frustratingly, this is something I could do, but won't be able to for at about 3 months as all my workshop stuff is in storage due to a house move. :(

If you're still in need later in the year, do give me a shout as I'm in the UK, in the meantime I hope you can find some help to do it.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

If you have no luck with the other offers then I can program a set for you (I've already done a few sets for some of my STs)...but if you're happy to get them from the store (and Exxos is prepared to do a set for you!) then that is fine too.

Would have to be at a weekend due to work commitments though! :roll:

Edit - also in the UK... North Yorkshire...
DoG

Post by DoG »

It also depends where you live in the world. Maybe someone closer to you can burn them too?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I am doing some sets for my store, but no problem of course if you have managed to source them elsewhere meanwhile :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”