Is anyone else starting to make 520 / 1040 STE accelerator mods?

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
STNoob

Is anyone else starting to make 520 / 1040 STE accelerator mods?

Post by STNoob » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:45 am

I've not been following what's been happening in the ST world for quite some time now. I've read up on that Exxos himself has decided to drop development (His choice, I'm not bitching on that matter). So I'm wondering if else has picked up the ball and started running with it?

I read a long time ago the Vampire group's card could be fitted to a ST, but I've no idea if that was a hoax, or a pipe dream.

Any info would be nice - thanks.

tuxie

Re: Is anyone else starting to make 520 / 1040 STE accelerator mods?

Post by tuxie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:19 am

Hello,

regarding to the Vampire... it was not an hoax, i am and also some other guys are working on the Vampire to get it working on ST. The problem ist not the ST self, the problem ist that the Apollo Core guys didnt made the Core 68K Bus compatible. It was just Amiga Compatible and the Amiga did not use the 68K bus Protokoll at all.. (Reset was missing, 3Wire Interface was missing, Buserror was missing, and some more).. but it still needs some time. On the last weekend we did some debugging again to find the next issue (ST is starting with White screen but then the screen does not sync anymore)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am

I'm still developing boosters, but working towards my own STF board now. STFM will still be used as a prototype machine and work on the new STF ultimately. What I am dropping is STE/Falcon stuff & MB repairs and upgrades. I'm not abandoning booster work, I am just limiting my work load into something I can actually keep on top of.

Rodolphe and Tuxie are also working on various boosters & upgrades including the vampire port, I think mostly for MSTE/TT but IIRC both are working towards STE as well. Then there is TerribleFire, doing STFM boosters with 020/030. So there isn't any need for me to be working on this stuff as well.

I am still going to produce the STE plug in booster (that's being manufactured currently) plus most things in my store will still be sold. Though I am not developing for all machines anymore.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

STNoob

Post by STNoob » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 am

Thanks for clearing stuff up guys.

I've got a working STE with a CosmosEx installed. I'm wanting to get a Vampire v4 for my A1200 when they finally come out.

I'd like to give the STE a kick up the backside as well. I'm not really in the market to buy yet another ST of some sort, just get it to go faster. Or am I missing a trick here, and that a STFM would be a better starting block in the long run? Would it be able to do more colours, and some how have the Jaguar ports?

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:00 am

Have a look at the road map...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1028

Suggestions list

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.