Computer distractions

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
KyleB

Re: Computer distractions

Post by KyleB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

exxos wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:14 am
Press space bar to skip it and get a SD drive ?
already had one got sick of trying and failing to get a reliable SD card. satandisk is incompatible with 90% of them, mostly they read but can't reliably write. Including the ones scalpers sell filled with games on eBay. got better things to do than suffer through badly designed nonsense like that

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:32 pm

KyleB wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm
already had one got sick of trying and failing to get a reliable SD card. satandisk is incompatible with 90% of them, mostly they read but can't reliably write. Including the ones scalpers sell filled with games on eBay. got better things to do than suffer through badly designed nonsense like that
You are aware of DMA problems on the STE ? If you change the CPU to a HC one the write issues normally go away. Ultrasatan AFAIK nobody has any issues with it.

You can even use a program to test RW to prove ultrasatan or not in the software section.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Not got any DMA problems with the DMA-SCSI board on a MSTE, rock solid reliable with it's original 48mb seagate.

Will check what CPU type I've got in a couple of weeks. On holiday right now.