competent repair people ?

Tool suggestions, soldering tips, general useful electronics knowhow.
Atarian Computing

Re: competent repair people ?

Post by Atarian Computing »

SolderGirl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:29 pm
Atarian Computing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Thank you very much! Don't worry, I'll teach the little one to solder so we'll be back in business in no time :D
So, you will raise her to be a SolderGirl?
;-)
I wish! You can be her role model :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Atarian Computing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm Thank you very much! Don't worry, I'll teach the little one to solder so we'll be back in business in no time :D
:bravo:

New Alison in the making then :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
SolderGirl

Post by SolderGirl »

Atarian Computing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm I wish! You can be her role model :)
Show her Jeri Ellsworth aka Circuit Girl.
She is REALLY elite. To a level where she baked transistors from silicon pieces in her kitchen and stuff like that.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jeriellsworth
Atarian Computing

exxos wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:43 pm
Atarian Computing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm Thank you very much! Don't worry, I'll teach the little one to solder so we'll be back in business in no time :D
:bravo:

New Alison in the making then :thumbup:
Would be an honor.
SolderGirl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:21 pm
Atarian Computing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm I wish! You can be her role model :)
Show her Jeri Ellsworth aka Circuit Girl.
She is REALLY elite. To a level where she baked transistors from silicon pieces in her kitchen and stuff like that.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jeriellsworth
Yup! Her and PhysicsGirl (Sabrina) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC94kZg ... i3lmKdNzUg
Steve

Post by Steve »

I am happy to be of service for people in Australia/NZ.

What I can do:
* Install any exxos hardware (I have done the RTC removal/socket install, clock patch for falcon, etc)
* re-cap motherboards
* re-cap PSU's

What I can't do:
* fix broken machines (I don't have the equipment, just a multi meter and soldering)

People just would need to send me the machine and the parts. Feel free to recommend me as you know from the clock patch install video that I know what I am doing. (FYI I am on holiday in September though)
mikro

Post by mikro »

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 amFeel free to recommend me as you know from the clock patch install video that I know what I am doing.
What video? Please share! :)

Btw there's a clever guy, Paul, in Brisbane Atari community, a professional electrician. He helped Rob and Gary with their Falcon issues, too.

Then I know of two Polish wizards (everyone knows Lotharek but there's another guy, Rafal, who's repaired my CT63, Ethernats and for some other guys the same and even the CTPCI and Hades (!)).
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

SolderGirl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:29 pm So, you will raise her to be a SolderGirl?
;-)
I'd really wish there would be more girls with your skillset. In my IT department we have one girl on 8 guys, which is actually not that bad of a ratio, and she is actually married to one of them ;) To most of of our "customers", she is like a pink unicorn. Many don't believe, she is capable of doing the job, although she has a master in business informatics, and thus has the highest degree of all of of us ;)

Currently I am working on hiring a female software developer, let's see how that goes :)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
Steve

Post by Steve »

mikro wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am What video? Please share! :)

I made it to help anyone who wanted a video tutorial. It was the first time I tried SMD soldering, it went alright :) This was a while back now, since then I've done heaps of stuff to my Falcon. Full mobo recap, Phantom bus accelerator, ct60e install.
Atarian Computing

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 pm
mikro wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am What video? Please share! :)

I made it to help anyone who wanted a video tutorial. It was the first time I tried SMD soldering, it went alright :) This was a while back now, since then I've done heaps of stuff to my Falcon. Full mobo recap, Phantom bus accelerator, ct60e install.
Well done! Once you upgrade to Amtech flux and apply it more liberally, you literally unlock God mode.
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

mikro wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am
Steve wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 amFeel free to recommend me as you know from the clock patch install video that I know what I am doing.
What video? Please share! :)

Btw there's a clever guy, Paul, in Brisbane Atari community, a professional electrician. He helped Rob and Gary with their Falcon issues, too.

Then I know of two Polish wizards (everyone knows Lotharek but there's another guy, Rafal, who's repaired my CT63, Ethernats and for some other guys the same and even the CTPCI and Hades (!)).
Yes, Paul here is Brisbane is a full-time electrical engineer who loves Atari and all things hardware and I can recommend his work with the Atari Falcons. Happy to put anyone local in Australia in contact with Paul if they need work doing on their Atari boards.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

Return to “ELECTRONICS”