What if Commodore and Atari had merged

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
zack4mac

What if Commodore and Atari had merged

Post by zack4mac » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm

If Commodore and Atari had merged before Warner Brothers and Gould, I like to think we would have had a machines compatible with the C64 running with something like a 65GZ032 using Jay Miner advanced chip set including SID-II, called the Commodore 640 low resolution machine (up gradable to 1000) and the 1000 graphics workstation leaving Nolan Bushel to produce the Atari PlayStation that looks like the CD-TV. :D :yay:

This would eventual remove all Apple Macs from the world and culminating in both Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs becoming actors, staring in a remake of the dark sitcom "the odd PC couple where they gripe about all the opportunities they had to reinvent the wheel with guest stars like Bill Gates 'who's like the comic guy from the BIG Bang Theory' " :evil:

Also Apple name would never have been used because John Lennon ties his shoelace inadvertently saving his life, this causes him to rethink everything and reforms the greatest band that ever was :D eventually becoming the American president (no Mr Reagan) with Noam Chomsky has lead advisory.

I might be thinking a little too different! but I really do not like modern computers sorry to the Mac fanboys
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
"Bertrand Russell" :?

KyleB

Re: What if Commodore and Atari had merged

Post by KyleB » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:08 pm

I don't see the point of this sort of thing.

"what if [extremely unlikely thing] had happened? What would happen next?" There is no possible way of knowing. Why would [extremely unlikely thing] have happened in the first place? In real life it didn't, so how much of your fantasy timeline needs to be different as a prerequisite for the hypothetical situation to be meaningful?

You are just telling a wild fantasy story to yourself. Might as well throw in fictional characters too. James Bond and Son Goku fighting on the rooftop of MOS Technology.

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

Post by Petari » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Well, John Lennon couldn't become president of USA because was born in wrong place. But everything other is 'so highly likely' :lol:
Or rather likeable :roll:
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

zack4mac

Post by zack4mac » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:36 pm

KyleB wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:08 pm
I don't see the point of this sort of thing.

"what if [extremely unlikely thing] had happened? What would happen next?" There is no possible way of knowing. Why would [extremely unlikely thing] have happened in the first place? In real life it didn't, so how much of your fantasy timeline needs to be different as a prerequisite for the hypothetical situation to be meaningful?

You are just telling a wild fantasy story to yourself. Might as well throw in fictional characters too. James Bond and Son Goku fighting on the rooftop of MOS Technology.
Some of the most intellectually conversations I have are with myself...but you might be correct

P.s if you still dont have an ATARI mouse you can hold I think "ALT" you can use the arrow and the insert keys to control your mouse pointer!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt
"Bertrand Russell" :?