Postage ship from the UK

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
sandord
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Postage ship from the UK

Post by sandord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I always pictured the postage ship from the UK sailing to Holland across the other side of the world. But this time it surely hasn't!

I ordered from Exxos' store on october 8th, the order was shipped on the 10th and it arrived on the 13th. That's only 5 days!

I was counting on having to wait for at least 2 more weeks so I'm as happy as a clam :lol:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Postage ship from the UK

Post by exxos » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Its very mixed.. In theory it should take 3-5 days for EU shipping, though sometimes (or mostly) its 2-4 weeks...

One guy in Canada clocked its taken over 3 months to get a package there. Tracking progress isn't being updated by canadian post either :roll:

I sent a UK - UK package and it took several months to get there.

Postal services are frankly terrible at the best of times. Mix in more and more delays in customs as the years go on...
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

sandord
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by sandord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Yeah, it's super silly that as soon as the package has left the UK, tracking is gone. The Dutch postage company doesn't provide tracking from that point on at least.

The previous time I ordered I think the package sat for at least 1.5 weeks in Holland, presumably at customs or something.

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Can't really complain about shipping from UK to Germany. It's quite fast and usually has tracking all the way. But seems to be insanely expensive... whenever I see a nice retro machine based in the UK that I want, the 25-30 EUR postage usually keeps me off...
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

sandord
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by sandord » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 am

IngoQ wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Can't really complain about shipping from UK to Germany. It's quite fast and usually has tracking all the way. But seems to be insanely expensive... whenever I see a nice retro machine based in the UK that I want, the 25-30 EUR postage usually keeps me off...
It's a good thing then that Exxos only charges £11 for shipping to Germany!

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:47 am

Anything over 2kg and the prices sky rocket. So its not cheap to post machines overseas anymore :(

£11 is a lot for postage, but that's of course nothing to do with me, its the price which is set by the postal companies. I always send cheapest tracked or signed, companies like ups etc start from like £25 overseas and shipping machines overseas needs huge capital.

I was going to sell refurb machines at one point, but postage cost to much these days. Plus most of my machines have been broken for spares and parts for my store. So not much left now. I may upgrade some motherboards one day and just sell those.. But not high up on my to do list.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.