3.5" Floppy Labels

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
Neffers

3.5" Floppy Labels

Post by Neffers » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:28 am

Hello peeps.

I am in need of a couple (literally) of said labels. All I want is two nice brand new labels that are not the crap you find on Ebay and Staples, I also don't want to pay through the nose, I'm from Yorkshire.

If anyone knows where to get the old rolls from, or has a couple to spare please get in touch. I only need two! The bad thing is [you can ban me for this Chris :oops:] is that it's for an Amiga related project. I'll share once done.

Thank you.
Resident idiot. (Qualified, got a Diploma and everything)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.5" Floppy Labels

Post by exxos » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:03 am

I had a roll lay around for years and chucked it out not long back. Not even sure who sells them anymore ?

No bans for mentioning Amiga here, most of us here have amigas and indeed other machines. What isnt tolerated here is those Amiga is better than Atari type threads, or machine bashing of any kind. The internet is full of such threads already and are generally not nice reading.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Forgottenmyname
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Forgottenmyname » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:01 am

I'll have a look to see what I've got and let you know.

Have some I think but might have dried up over the years.

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 am

I'll happily accept a couple of "dry" labels. I can reapply adhesive if need be, it's for a static display so any method of adhesion would do, though I'd prefer "legit" adhesive.

I only want to send a couple off to be signed and returned so I can apply them to a pair of functional floppies (that another guy is helping me obtain). It's not a big deal, and I have time so I may be able to accrue funds for labels eventually, only the "new labels" are not the type I used to use as a kid.

Thanks for taking an interest in a vague request :)
exxos wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:03 am
No bans for mentioning Amiga here
I knew you wouldn't ;) It was just a lil joke.

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm

If you want them blank, Avery/Zweckform still makes these for Inkjet and Laserprinters. The number is L4738REV-25
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:32 pm

I think, maybe, possibly I may have cracked it. The wife is into card making and stuff, her friend has a Brother "ScanNCut" (basically an overpriced but handy plotter cutter) that I can create a file for using their software. Fingers crossed she has some adhesive A4 sheets.

IngoQ wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm
If you want them blank, Avery/Zweckform still makes these for Inkjet and Laserprinters. The number is L4738REV-25
Thanks Ingo, will deffo keep that in mind.

And thanks everyone for your help. Should my plan fail, I'll be back :roll:

Forgottenmyname
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Forgottenmyname » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Good luck :D

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks. If I end up having to make my own .SVG to [insert proprietary file format] I'll add it here. It'll only be a few Kb so shouldn't upset Exxos' server.