Forum "slogan" update ?

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
Petari
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Re: Forum "slogan" update ?

Post by Petari » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am

Well, I think that this will remain primarily Atari oriented. Don't see why Amiga should be equated - sorry Amiga developers and lovers, I don't mean with this that it is something lower worth or like - we just can not change fact that exxos and most of others here have longer or shorter Atari experience and some results, products published.
And yes, there may appear some other oldies too, so I really don't see that should add other computer names in slogan, unless it wants to be longer .
Actually, there is lot of common with oldies. For instance adding IDE adapter is very similar. Display problems are very common too, and so on.

It is nice to support some Atari-Amiga cowork, especially after all silly fights around, but I don't see why not same with other platform developers, enthusiasts. If point is in same CPU used, then it should include Motorola CPU or something like. But I don't think that it's good idea too.
And don't rush with it. Making some new slogan, what will be outdated in half year, or year is really not good thing.
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

arf

Post by arf » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:57 am

troed wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:46 pm
"We like hardware"

"If it's old and fragile, like us, we modify it"
+1
--
Against signature spam!

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 am

"Welcome to the friendly community for new tech in old stuff" ;)
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:21 pm

"Loving Jack's extended family of computers since 1992."?

After all, Jack Tramiel was at Commodore then went to Atari. The Amiga sort of started as an Atari project but moved to Commodore.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

sety

Post by sety » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 am

Perhaps an ASCII representation of a handshake. One side with Atari, the other side with Amiga...

It's been 35 years. (and yes I have had a blood nose over it when I was 10) This playground war needs to end. :)

sety

Post by sety » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:33 am

Of course, Atari should be on the left... here we go :lol:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am

People here just love all retro things ... Anyone who wants to start slating machines will likely get banned.

<Yoda>
Friendly place are we, ban you we must.
</Yoda>
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:21 pm

I like that ;)
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

8 Bit Dreams

Post by 8 Bit Dreams » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:40 pm

sety wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 am
Perhaps an ASCII representation of a handshake. One side with Atari, the other side with Amiga...

It's been 35 years. (and yes I have had a blood nose over it when I was 10) This playground war needs to end. :)
Whrere the fun begins...

rpineau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rpineau » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 pm

At this point we could have this slogan : War and Piece (typo is on purpose, instead of peace ).
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2