Forum "slogan" update ?

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
Maeke

Re: Forum "slogan" update ?

Post by Maeke » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Vintage computers's garage...
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.

Petari
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Petari » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Indians were great warriors, but we have big Endian computers :D
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

The friendly vintage hacking community?
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Last time I used the words "mods and hacks" I got banned off ebay :lol: :roll: Probably should avoid such terms to avoid chaos later somewhere...
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Icky
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Icky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm

I don't mind what it is as long as the ethos and great community doesn't change :)

Forgottenmyname
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Forgottenmyname » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm

"Home of Jeff.... the Evil resistor... Oh and a few other retro computer bits...."

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm

We welcome all retro users & builders. Leave the attitude at the door and come join the fun!
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:24 pm

:bravo:
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.

Petari
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Petari » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 am

Thinking about what makes people still using and developing for those old, slow, limited machines ...
Well, there is a number of them which do it because don't like PC, Windows - but they still have some modern computer, mostly Apple :D

I think that right answer is possibility to make self (in 'virtual' garage), with not too much knowledge and with little investment something new, improve it, pull out best from limited HW . And that's process of learning too. I think best type of learning. Myself learned digital technology, boolean algebra since my age of about 13. Convinced my father to buy me experimenting board with 4 relays + switches, lights and lot of wires with which could make diverse logical circuits, and even to simulate some simple games (river, goat + cabbage). Then TTL chips came in game, little later microprocessors, EPROMs and so on ... Sinclair Spectrum and Atari ST were good computers for doing diverse upgrades, add-ons. With PCs or some MAC that was much harder, although I did some simple mods even in PC motherboards.

So, I think that key here is spirit to make something what can not buy in shops, to learn ...
Ah, and don't forget SW to feed all it :D
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:58 am

Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue :-D
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry