Did you get anything Atari/Retro one this Christmas?

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
rubber_jonnie

Re: Did you get anything Atari/Retro one this Christmas?

Post by rubber_jonnie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:14 pm

PaulJ wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 pm

I think the real question here RubberJ is were you able to get any Magic Smoke out of the floor tile? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nearly, once I got the angle grinders out :)
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 2x 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, SIO2SD, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST (1Meg) + Gotek, 1040STFM + Vortex ATOnce + Gotek, 1040STF long button floppy, 4160 STE with Gotek and ROM switcher, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx, not to mention various bare ST boards for testing including a PAK 68/2 :)
Plus the rest..
Amiga stuff, Mac stuff, Sinclair stuff etc...
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 am

Yes , I got a DUAL TOS switcher and a 1.62-2.06 ROM from EXXOS, is this what I am getting or is this picture old? I was unaware that I may have bought a 32 Mhz board! But I like it and will get someone else to put it in .....
v1ste.jpg
Picture showing dual Tos Upgrade kit from EXXOS
v1ste.jpg (193.15 KiB) Viewed 401 times

rubber_jonnie

Post by rubber_jonnie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:32 am

rcamp48 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 am
Yes , I got a DUAL TOS switcher and a 1.62-2.06 ROM from EXXOS, is this what I am getting or is this picture old? I was unaware that I may have bought a 32 Mhz board! But I like it and will get someone else to put it in .....
I'd suggest that you will either get the blue board on the right of the picture, marked "STE TOS SWITCHER" or one of these, https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/#0139. Depends on what you ordered. They are both booster compatible for fast TOS operation, however they also run at the standard 8Mhz without the booster being fitted.

Regardless of which dual TOS kit you've ordered, you also need to order the ROM separately, if you've not done so already.

The 32Mhz booster is a separate thing, and that particular soldered in version in the photo has been superceded. The booster is not part of the TOS Switcher kit, and the TOS switcher does not run at 32MHz unless there is a booster installed.
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 2x 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, SIO2SD, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST (1Meg) + Gotek, 1040STFM + Vortex ATOnce + Gotek, 1040STF long button floppy, 4160 STE with Gotek and ROM switcher, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx, not to mention various bare ST boards for testing including a PAK 68/2 :)
Plus the rest..
Amiga stuff, Mac stuff, Sinclair stuff etc...
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:39 am

Ya that's what I ordered, plus the TOS 1.62-2.06 rom, looks similar to that picture.....
Russ
PS. I am going to get a temperature controlled soldering iron, I worked with one today at my local lab and I really like it, but was too sick to finish the job, plus I had ruined a practice board earlier (yesterday).... A temperature controlled unit is the ticket, of course I can always use it there so unless I am doing soldering at my friends place (she will let me), the place I am living in does not like soldering they consider soldering a fire hazard and will not let me solder in the retirement home I Iive in in anyways. Real pain as I have to leave the building to do my soldering work.

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm

rcamp48 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 am
You get the item as shown in the webstore images. Clicking the (I) button mostly takes you do the page about that product.

So if you purchased this one...

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/#0048

You click the (I) button in the store.

Though also those have been updated, so it helps to keep a eye on the news section as well. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1262#p15494
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 pm

As far as I know I purchased the assembled one , and the uS ROM for it, but I am going to have to get my ste motherboard fixed first, have been looking for someone o do it for $100 US but so far no takers. I will look on Facebook as I have been asleep for 4 hours. Damage was done by improper soldering with an oxidized soldering iron that was way too low in wattage. Hav been practicing on junk boards since a year ago when the damage was done , am actually making a board now myself, with male and female sockets, going to get a new one tonight along with the terminator that I need , remove the old sockets from tthe old board and use a temperature controled soldering startion to build the new board for hooking up a modern 1.44 floppy drve in an external floppy case. Will make 2 of them and send you one as an example of my soldering skills when it is done Exxos, still looking for wiring plans between the male and female sockets so I do not have to cut any cables or modify any drives. Looks interesting. Details coming tonight Russ

rcamp48

Post by rcamp48 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 am

Actually I forgot about the 2 color monitors an Atari 520 ST with 512 K and a ton of original software that a bought for $80 Can. Also got a monochrome VGA cable for my STs , 2 non working Atsri monitors, an sh304 hard drive minus the defective drive, a complete external hard drive enclosure with 2 drive cables. All on all I did pretty good this Christmas and that does not incĺude the Ultra Satan that I purchased so weĺl. Russ