Atari Prices On Ebay?!

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
PhilC

Re: Atari Prices On Ebay?!

Post by PhilC » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:34 pm

What are you looking at for the mega stuff?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Um.. MegaFILE? Mega ST? What stuff exactly?

I think it would be easier to take pictures rather than rely on my poor memory. I'll see what I can do in the next few days, and it would probably be a good idea to post it in the for sale section.

I will link it from here when Im done.

Sorry, didnt mean to turn the thread into a sale point for my Atari bits! :oops:

Please continue describing how rubbish Ebay is! :lol:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 pm

mrbombermillzy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 pm
Please continue describing how rubbish Ebay is! :lol:
http://whyebaysucks.info/

knock yourself out ;)
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Yeah, we need a contact at Anonimous to take down Ebay! :twisted:

AtariFox

Post by AtariFox » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 pm

DrF wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm
About 15yrs ago I sold my 1040STE on eBay with 14Mhz CPU Marpet thing and 4Mb ram, loads of games, and it was a struggle to get £60 for it!
Imagine its value now :lol:
I had to throw away a Amstrad CPC6128 because I could not shift it, no matter what, could not even give it away :(

Im very tempted to sell off my old computers now I have not turned them on in almost 10+yrs some of them, I don't have time no more being a slave to the taxman don't help :(
Yeah, i can understand. It's really really ridicolous how things in the last ten years have changed to selling old hardware. UK ebay just hasnt got the flood of sellers it used to like Exxos mentioned prior.

Damn, I wish i'da snagged that amstrad. I used that in primary school. Aswell as ACorn computers.

What sort of things do you have? I've been trying to look for 486 and earlier.
I've some old isa and sx and fast page ram haha. plus about 10 desktops varying from p100 to a Amd phenomII that spans the late nineties and 2000's

I had a 486 packard bell, but i really dont know where that has gone to.

mrbombermillzy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 pm
@Atarifox: Im in the middle of a mass clearout. Have put much of it on the evil-auction.com already.

As I can see you know already, I did try putting some stuff mainly vintage PC stuff for sale here, but there was not a peep. Unfortunately then, that means I have to use our least favourite auction house to actually sell stuff! :/

However, you asked, so here goes:

Ive got about 3 or more Atari mice (in various states of repair) and a fully working Megafile 30, which I wasnt intending to sell, but may do if the price is right.

Theres also a Mega ST PC Emulator card, Megabus Graphics card, some SCSI cables/drives, a MSTE/TT keyboard, ET4000 ISA card, ISA to Megabus PCB kit... Thats off the top of my head.

Im not sure if I still have that MFM drive. I will have to look. I also have Commodore and PC stuff if you are interested.

The last guy I dealt with regarding selling, I just took photographs of the stuff I had and let him pick from there. Maybe I can do that for you?

Sending pictures is perfectly fine. I'm not able to spend a lot of cash for the moment. But, I don't know how much you'd want for the megafile but it sounds like you'd want more than i can pay.

I'm looking about fourty quid maximum for well whatever i can get really, be it cheaper parts to so on.

I am interested in the other things too. Not too sure for what i'd need for my commodore. But old pc bits are pretty good. That ET4000 looks pretty nice!

so do all those CPU's for a tenner. Though i'd only want some of those.

Sure thing. Mice arent hard to repair really, as-long as it has the ball.

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 am

Amibay often has kit for sale at better than eBay prices.
———
I get cranky when asked to repeat myself.

AtariFox

Post by AtariFox » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

terriblefire wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 am
Amibay often has kit for sale at better than eBay prices.
Amibay?

I'll have a look at that!

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:37 am

I forgot about Amibay. I used to visit forums a lot looking for items, but I never saw anything I could call "good value" :(

I keep looking for scrap machines so I can rob the chips off them to sell in my store. But the problem there is, I am having to inflate the chip prices to like £20+ now just to get the price back on what was paid for the machine :roll:

I do have a lot of machines (but mostly stripped out of PSU, floppy , keyboards etc ) , but my plan is to (one day) clear out all the ones I will likely not use. I tend to kill a lot of boards and don't have time to fix them, but mostly the 70789 boards I keep.

Boards with SMT chips, I will likely sell off at some point, as if I blow them up, I can't easily change the chips. I have about 30 ST mice in various states which I haven't even managed to service or test for some years yet :( I bulk sold off all the joysticks last year as I just don't have the time or space to store them. Its finding time to sort them out which is the problem :(
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

AtariFox

Post by AtariFox » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:13 am

exxos wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:37 am
I forgot about Amibay. I used to visit forums a lot looking for items, but I never saw anything I could call "good value" :(

I keep looking for scrap machines so I can rob the chips off them to sell in my store. But the problem there is, I am having to inflate the chip prices to like £20+ now just to get the price back on what was paid for the machine :roll:

I do have a lot of machines (but mostly stripped out of PSU, floppy , keyboards etc ) , but my plan is to (one day) clear out all the ones I will likely not use. I tend to kill a lot of boards and don't have time to fix them, but mostly the 70789 boards I keep.

Boards with SMT chips, I will likely sell off at some point, as if I blow them up, I can't easily change the chips. I have about 30 ST mice in various states which I haven't even managed to service or test for some years yet :( I bulk sold off all the joysticks last year as I just don't have the time or space to store them. Its finding time to sort them out which is the problem :(
Yeah. It's getting absolutely bonkers for prices of these things now. I really want to do more with mine, but honestly, even getting a gotek is redonkolously expensive. I've been searching hard for the External floppy drives for the atari, so i could stick the gotek in that, instead of gutting up the case of the 520STFM.

I'd have one of those mice off you if you were wanting to get rid of one.
Could clean it up myself and so on.

I am actually curious if you've got any sort of "oddware" for the ataris, haha. Or those obscure as heck parts.

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 pm

AtariFox wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:13 am
I'd have one of those mice off you if you were wanting to get rid of one.
Could clean it up myself and so on.

I am actually curious if you've got any sort of "oddware" for the ataris, haha. Or those obscure as heck parts.
I only ever collected STFM's mostly. I see a lot of marpets in them, but nothing else really. The mice I will service them and put new switches etc in them when I get chance. Likely there will be some yellowed ones going cheap, but its not going to be this year. A lot of my stuff is piled up in boxes all over the place and in the loft as we having new windows fitted. That's turned into drama as the new patio door doesn't align up right. Now we got some weeks wait until they can come and do the other half of the house, then more moving stuff about to do :roll:

Return to “CHAT FORUM”