Paypal email when they shut my store down

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paypal email when they shut my store down

Post by exxos » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 am

Found this by accident..

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (129.61 KiB) Viewed 171 times

Because yeah, selling general electronics parts for a defunct 80s computer system is a violation of paypals terms.

IMHO they thought I was selling mod chips for playstations. No amount of appeals got my account back, and I of course don't want my paypal account back anymore. But just goes to show how they misunderstand what you are selling and shut your account down and you stand no chance of getting it back. Avoid paypal :)
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Re: Paypal email when they shut my store down

Post by PaulJ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Does it surprise you, its almost impossible to get any work done or deal with an service department today. As I recall PayPal has moved their call center to the Philippines. Virgin mobile, tivo, Barnes and Noble Nook also have their call centers in the PI. Great for a free apology but getting something fixed is virtually impossible. The state of things today is getting worse and the trajectory doesn't point to improving conditions. I have to say I only use PayPal when absolutely necessary because if something goes wrong with the automated system getting the issue resolved is almost impossible. :headbang:

I just dropped tv service from Verizon. Tried several of the boxes to digitize OTA channels. Its amazing what companies put out there as solutions and claim how well they work even though they lock up or just quit if you push them at all. Ended up getting a TIVO bolt OTA because who ever designed the box many years ago did a good job and the box is capable of continuous operation which the others are not.

Anyhow Exxos maybe your better off without them. :)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paypal email when they shut my store down

Post by exxos » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Yeah I agree 100%.

I moved to my own server because of greedy useless companies. I was using ukhosts4u or something like that years ago. I wanted to add another URL to my package, nope, they wouldn't do it even though I was a customer for years and used no where near my package allowances.. They wanted to move me to a more expensive package which cost £100 more. No thanks. Still confusing of my Ubuntu install, but I can do whatever the hell I like now, for free. I went with RAMNODE in the end, on the basis of good price and server speeds, but they always reply in like 10 minutes and are helpful.

Same logic I used when I went with Stripe, they was the only company who even bothered to reply to my initial questions. I just go with the logic that, if companies haven't got the resources to reply to general questions, they are unlikely to have resources to deal with technical questions as well. aka don't bother dealing with that company. Sadly it is all too commonplace these days :(
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Return to “CHAT FORUM”