The free shipping dilemma

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
PaulJ_2.0

Re: The free shipping dilemma

Post by PaulJ_2.0 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:29 pm

DrF wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:36 am
It cost us I think £1.06p to send it to eBay's shipping center who will then ship it to the buyer.. but they charged the buyer £13.73p when I checked on Royal Mail sites it would cost £2.75 economy or £3.45 standard thats some obscene markup for doing nothing and you know they would be getting a discounted bulk rate with who ever they use anyway.
Yeah I used to sell using ebays GSP for a few months until a few people fancied a return stating the item wasn't working (all were fine).
Ebay then leave you high and dry, offering you to refund them in full, or to pay for return postage to the UK only using a prepaid label costing the silly amounts they quote for GSP.

So yeah I stopped selling via GSP after being forced to either pay over £100 on shipping £80 worth of items back to myself, or giving full refunds.

DrF

Re: The free shipping dilemma

Post by DrF » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 pm

PaulJ_2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:29 pm
DrF wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:36 am
It cost us I think £1.06p to send it to eBay's shipping center who will then ship it to the buyer.. but they charged the buyer £13.73p when I checked on Royal Mail sites it would cost £2.75 economy or £3.45 standard thats some obscene markup for doing nothing and you know they would be getting a discounted bulk rate with who ever they use anyway.
Yeah I used to sell using ebays GSP for a few months until a few people fancied a return stating the item wasn't working (all were fine).
Ebay then leave you high and dry, offering you to refund them in full, or to pay for return postage to the UK only using a prepaid label costing the silly amounts they quote for GSP.

So yeah I stopped selling via GSP after being forced to either pay over £100 on shipping £80 worth of items back to myself, or giving full refunds.
I was in shock, that's why the papers crumpled up I went and got it out the bin, I did not believe her, thought she read it wrong :shock:
I must say it's a excellent scam by eBay though, easy money and loads of it, way over priced for the other end of the service guaranteed.

Return to “CHAT FORUM”