Steem site vanished ?!

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
exxos
Site Admin

Re: Steem site vanished ?!

Post by exxos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi, your post is still there but you posted it twice, I just deleted a duplicate.

This is what I see...

1.jpg
1.jpg (40.67 KiB) Viewed 850 times

I posted once and it vanished so I posted again and I saw it there but a couple hours later that one vanished...

Steven Seagal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm
They don't reply to my question, I leave, that's all. I'm not "cracking", just adapting to the situation.
Who doesn't reply to what question ?
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Steven Seagal

Post by Steven Seagal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Seems to be a problem at sourceforge.
sfblog.png
sfblog.png (54.63 KiB) Viewed 847 times

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:29 pm
:shrug: it's why I hate third party sites as they never seem to work properly. I was running my blog on Google and it was just so buggy it was just unbelievable. One reason I decided to open up a forum instead, as the least problems can actually be fixed then.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

dhedberg

Post by dhedberg » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 am

Steven Seagal wrote:

sfblog.png
Can't see exxos (long) post either. Only the single word one! :-)
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 am

dhedberg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 am
Steven Seagal wrote:

sfblog.png
Can't see exxos *long) post either. Only the single word one! :-)
same here.
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.

tzok

Post by tzok » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 pm

Strange, for me it works:

...but the situation makes me very sad.

MagikGimp

Post by MagikGimp » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 am

Although this is sad news indeed part of me is glad as this is just typical of the community, which is not such a bad thing! The ST seems to attract a lot of passionate eccentrics who over the years have been prepared to put a lot of time into making great things. We've all seen plenty of fracas blowing up but those involved don't tend to be put off, rather it anything it can motivate them to prove their efforts more. And that's fantastic if you ask me. The scene has always come back stronger in the end so hopefully some short-term pain will lead to even better things. And I'm usually a pessimist. :oops:

IngoQ

Post by IngoQ » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:26 am

My 5 cents:

I would agree that anger can be a strong motivator. But let's not forget that this will always be less efficient than cooperation. And it usually leads to unwanted redundancies, meaning that people spend much time with doing the same thing over and over, only because others refused to share.

And I do believe, that especially lately, there are lots of examples of people indeed being put off by things like ungratefulness, destructive criticism or just plain assholeness. So evolutionary processes should really not be an excuse.

Anyone remember the shadows in Babylon 5? ;)
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Petari

Post by Petari » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:15 am

Stupidest thing what someone can do is to allow that bad people's actions, slanders, lies dictate his activity. There is always plenty of good people, most of them is not loud, indeed less loud than some from first category, which just want attention, cheap respect and like.
Just do your work, develop your ideas, visions. Time is best judge.