print to image (win7)

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
Site Admin

print to image (win7)

Post by exxos » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Anyone know any free software to "print to image".. I've tried a few, but need registration, or won't download due to virus risks :roll:

EDIT: ... p_redirect

That one seems ok :)
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Re: print to image (win7)

Post by DrF » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:07 pm

That's the one I use sometimes :)

I don't know what I installed but I get the option "print to PDF" direct in the drop box menu to select printers now it appeared one day and changed my life :lol:

Post by rubber_jonnie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Are you trying to print to PDF, print to an actual image? Windows 7 should have a print to XPS option which is a bit like print to PDF.

If you want to print your screen, alt+printscrn should still work, then just paste the image into Windows Paint.

Pretty sure Windows 7 also has a Snipping Tool, just type snip into the search box, you can snag whatever bit of screen you like then and paste into Windows Paint too.
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST + Gotek, 1040STF, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx
Plus the rest..
C64 + 1541 and cassette, 2x Sinclair QL, Mac Classic, Mac Performa 6200, Amiga 1200, ICL One Per Desk, Epson HX20, Dreamcast, original Xbox, SNES and a bunch of other bits n bobs I can't remember right now. :D

Post by IngoQ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 pm

As an alternative: FreePDF

Crapware free, is based on Ghostscript and you can define your own profiles, including profiles to generate images instead of PDF files. Not the most beautiful thing on the planet, but it works.

Note: Development has stopped, but the current version runs fine with Windows 7. Since I am most likely stuck with that version forever, I cannot say anything about Windows 10 compatibility :)

Regarding screenshots:

I like Greenshot:

In addition to taking screenshots it has a simple editor for annotations, can snap part of a screen and supports series of screenshots.
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry