One of the best rock bands in the world.

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
ATARI FAN

One of the best rock bands in the world.

Post by ATARI FAN » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Pink Floyd Live The Reunion Full Concert (Enhanced Video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twb65Ov67ZA
:)

Petari

Re: One of the best rock bands in the world.

Post by Petari » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Great to see that they can play together after some long period of separation. Roger Waters seems as most fit among them :D

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:02 pm

The very first tune I heard on CD was played to me by my uncle, and it was Money. I remember the clarity of the intro.
Resident idiot. (Qualified, got a Diploma and everything)

ATARI FAN

Post by ATARI FAN » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Text taken from youtube video :
The Story of Pink Floyd’s Reunion at Live 8: Roger Waters‘ relationship with David Gilmour was so distant in the period before Pink Floyd‘s celebrated reunion at Live 8 that Waters had to ask organizer Bob Geldof for his former bandmate’s phone number.
While Geldof had been persistent in trying to broker peace between the pair, he’d hit an initial roadblock with Gilmour – who once referred to a possible detente as something akin to “sleeping with your ex-wife.” Waters then interceded. Ultimately, the event’s mission – Live 8 was meant to raise awareness of poverty, debt and the AIDS crisis in developing nations – led to one of music’s most improbable remarriages, though only for a single evening.
“The moment was bigger than those bad feelings,” David Gilmour told the Associated Press in the days leading up to Pink Floyd’s July 2, 2005, appearance. “Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention, then it’s going to be worthwhile.”
And so Pink Floyd’s classic-era lineup – Gilmour, Nick Mason, Waters and Richard Wright – took the stage for the first time since a 1981 concert at Earl’s Court in London and, alas, for the last time ever.

David Gilmour - Comfortably Numb Live in Pompeii 2016 :