ST Application mag?

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
Neffers

ST Application mag?

Post by Neffers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Hey guys. I have a few editions (about a handful iirc) of ST Applications and wondered if they were worth scanning / archiving or not?

They aren't in the greatest of condition but are perfectly readable. Glossy cover, non glossy pages black and white. I'm not sure how many I have, or what era the ones I have cover, but if anyone thinks it's worth while then I'll consider rigging up an old Windows box and get scanning (provided my scanner still works).

Here's a crappy phone pic of the cover of one I had laying around.
Resident idiot. (Qualified, got a Diploma and everything)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ST Application mag?

Post by exxos » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Archive everything, as not much lives on these days, and once its gone, gone for good!
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

DrF

Post by DrF » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:17 pm

That looks interesting I never saw that magazine back in the day?
Was it not very popular then?

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 pm

As far as I know it's produced by the FaST Club, if you wanna go digging the address wasThe ST Club, 7 Musters Road, West Brigford, Nottingham, NG2 7PP.

I think it was a sort of private subscriber only mag, Deffo nothing I saw on the shelves in WHSmiths etc. In the back pages there's a FaST Club "library" I guess? with the same address, I have a couple of the disks too, but I fear they may have either been formatted or become corrupt. I have to go digging now don't I...

Edit: After heavy research (I.E. not skipping the front page), this was indeed a subscriber only publication.

Here's the publishers details from the mag.

DrF

Post by DrF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Neffers wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 pm
I think it was a sort of private subscriber only mag, Deffo nothing I saw on the shelves in WHSmiths etc.

Those were always the best mags :(
So hard to get too, we had a Commodore one that ran for a few issues but just kinda died out.
I do remember whole magazines on floppy disks though those were cooler than off the shelf stuff by far :)

Neffers

Post by Neffers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Hard to find out about too, cause publishers would rarely advertise a magazine that wasn't from the same publisher, for obvious reasons! I'll have a hunt round for all the copies I own and find a place I can set about scanning what I have, I deffo don't have the complete set, but some is better than none.

It's gonna take time though. The wife has a chronic illness and needs care before anything.