banned from ebay lol

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

banned from ebay lol

Post by exxos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 pm

I am banned from paypal as people already know.. , So had to ask if I could buy elsewhere on a seller on ebay, then I got banned from ebay, basically because they banned me from paypal.... so I am banned because they banned me :lol: :roll:

Whatever happened to all that "support the buyers" BS they were always pushing... Don't care about being banned form selling.. not like I can, banned from paypal :lol:

Couldn't checkout as I don't have paypal and seller set paypal account needed it seems.. So how else I am supposed to buy stuff when I can't, other than ask the seller if he sells elsewhere... I mean not like ebay would lose a sale even over it...

Would have posted this on ebays own forums.. though last time I tried that, I saw anything bad said against ebay deleted in under a hour! and people are trusting their businesses with these companies which operate like this!

I only wanted to buy a spring!
:WTF: :lolbig:

111.png
111.png (21.17 KiB) Viewed 578 times
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

rubber_jonnie

Re: banned from ebay lol

Post by rubber_jonnie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Got to say, seems a bit harsh, you were just enquiring if the seller sold elsewhere, which isn't unreasonable IMHO.

Unless of course you're eBay, when it is unreasonable....
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 2x 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, SIO2SD, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST (1Meg) + Gotek, 1040STFM + Vortex ATOnce + Gotek, 1040STF long button floppy, 4160 STE with Gotek and ROM switcher, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx, not to mention various bare ST boards for testing including a PAK 68/2 :)
Plus the rest..
Amiga stuff, Mac stuff, Sinclair stuff etc...
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 am

<rant>
Yeah, ebay trying really hard to drive people away while ramping up their profits. People should have the freedom of speech to ask any question they like.. but not on ebay.. people should have the right to buy items from anywhere else, not just forced to use ebay. Similar with being forced to use paypal.

I really hate ebay and paypal. ebay but me out of business twice, and paypal once. A lot of the people I used to buy stuff from quit the same time I got banned. They just got sick of doing all the work and paying high fees for the privilege. ebay just sick back, take their money and dump every problem under the sun onto the sellers.

I even got flak from ebay communities, they saying I obviously not up to the task of being a good seller. Well ok.. Though when other sellers clear as day buy my items on purpose to leave bad feedback.. (basically as I was selling items cheaper them them and selling WAY more of them) I mean seriously ? A 5 year old could see it happen. It was about that point I got banned from ebay first time around as my ratings fell in a few days and ebay told me to improve or face further consequences. Then they claim I am making up all of this as they been selling on ebay for 10+ years and never seen such problem.. well lucky them. In my view they are to dumb or ignorant to see whats really going on. If people want to risk their business on these systems, they more fool them in my view. I was with them since 2002, took me a while to see how things were progressing!

I even saw sellers with HUGE pages of negative feedback (including my own) vanish over night only leaving the positive feedbacks, and oddly my more recent back feedback was still there. I mean WTF is that all about ? Ebay can only remove bad feedback, but when several pages of bad feedback are removed and the seller is allowed to continue ? I can only assume someone at ebay is taking "backhanders" to remove bad feedback. I've seen so much really questionable things its unbelievable.

International laws really need to change to stop all this BS behaviour. Companies shouldn't be allowed to dump every problem onto the sellers. Even more annoying is ebay cause half this issues and they dump those onto the sellers. How can sellers "Fix" ebay, they can't, but ebay want them to and will keep punishing them until they do!

They are not breaking any laws in what they are doing ,but their business conduct & ethics are abysmal in the extreme. :evil: :evil: In the end, when people like me look at ebay and paypal from my perspective, we really don't know how they can be legal and be allowed to operate how they do. There are undoubtedly the worst companies I have had to deal with (and that list is rather long!) .

</rant>

I much prefer my new webstore and using Stripe is a LOT better. Their system works, pages load, never errors. most of all, I get fantastic support from them, not scripted monkeys like ebay. They normally reply in 10mins and their help was invaluable while I was figuring out how to integrate their system into my webstore. They even helped with the coding and fixed a couple of bugs I had with my code!

Most important of all, I had a long chat about the type of BS I was up against on ebay & paypal. Basically if there is any problems, they would investigate it properly and keep me in the loop. So no matter what happens, they will give me good support each step of the way!

EDIT:
22.JPG
22.JPG (34.75 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Yeah asking for bulk shipping items and cost to UK is a violation of terms.. I mean seriously ??
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Chris, I know exacly how you feel.

I work for a very small company (6 employees) refurbishing Dell laptops and selling them on ebay.

We seem to get a hell of a lot of assholes who KNOW that they can get away with abusing the rules. Ebay couldnt really care less about what happens to the sellers. Even when we jump through their endless hoops they still penalise us... and dont even try to mention anything about something that is not on the ebay site.

We were banned from selling for a week because some idiot bought an item ON OUR OWN WEBSITE and sent us an email on ebay saying they couldnt find it on our ebay shop. When we replied with 'Its because you purchased it directly from us' type of thing they suspended all our active sales on ebay.. We were dead in the water for a week, and for what?!

And youre right. At this stage on ebay, its completely possible for someone with a vendetta or a nasty competitor, to wipe you out and make your ebay business fold. As long as the buyers buy, ebay just lets it happen.

What you should do is really promote your Buy/Sell section on this site, so ALL Atari trade is done through here. (Sort of like an Atari only version of Amibay). :)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Sounds all to familiar.

I did write some stuff here as well.. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=728

I had a seller buy someone form my store and leave bad feedback, I got suspended because of it, was blatantly clear what was going on, but not to ebay. buyers can make up anything at all, its amazing how many lies people can make up and get away with it. It never helps when ebay punish the sellers for slow delivery, when its down to postal services not the seller. ebay just set impossible targets and rules and punish the seller when ebays own system fails. It only gets worse...

I mean I only asked to bulk buy some items, you would think ebay would be all for that, more items sell, more profits, simple really, but nope, asking questions gets you banned. Really can't stand ebay or paypal anymore. The whole system is broken from start to end, and oddly they are not breaking any laws. Even so, I can't trade in a environment with zero customer support and a system which encourages lies,dishonesty & scams.

Even ebays own forum is a sham, say anything bad against ebay, it vanishes within a hour. They can't fix the problems, they don't want to, but easy to cover up how crap their whole system is, just delete the posts and no problems then! There are so many shady goings on its unreal. All they do is create more work and increase fees, well no thanks.

If people want to be involved with ebay and paypal, then fair enough, but no way on this earth I would entrust my livelihood with either company again. In light of recent chaos, I look elsewhere for my goods like amazon aliexpress, I only use ebay as a last resort if I really cant get something anywhere else, but that's hardly ever.

We do have a for-sale section , though we don't really get huge Atari trafic here, only really facebook does, even so, never really much for sale on there either. Mostly boils back down to ebay as main selling area :( I think a lot of stuff is "attic finds", they don't know where to list, so on ebay it goes.

The stuff I sell, is in my webstore, or odd items get listed on here or facebook..That's all I can really do.

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Well, Im stuck here posting questions ATM, as I have just move house and have a 2 month old baby that I need to care for 24/7.

Once I get time to myself again (hopefully in 3 months!! :o ) I will be back on the case, and will be able to have a spring clean and sell some of my Atari gear here, as I cant stand ebay either.

Although I would also like to 'trade' the stuff for services or other items too. Sort of like a swap shop or swap meet like they have in the US :)

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 pm

mrbombermillzy wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm
Well, Im stuck here posting questions ATM, as I have just move house and have a 2 month old baby that I need to care for 24/7.
Self-inflicted, no sympathy ;) :lol:
mrbombermillzy wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm
Although I would also like to 'trade' the stuff for services or other items too. Sort of like a swap shop or swap meet like they have in the US :)
That is something I do in general myself anyway :) I think it generally works out better both people as they get something they want which doesn't really cost anything for either person.

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 pm

Yep hopefully learnt my lesson and no more on the way ;)

Ive got lots of weird and wonderful Atari bits that I really dont need to keep, as I have far more than enough on my plate already.

Perhaps I can test the water here soon with this swap shop style trading.

You never know Chris, it might go viral or something! :D

I can see it now... Exxos' swap trade emporium. Get ready to up your server bandwidth :lol:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Worth a try :thumbup:

I will gladly swap any item in my store for a Falcon :lol:

mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Didnt you have a Falcon?

You were going to sell me the keyboard off it a while back :)

I do have one but I would rather you repair it for me :lol:

Seriously though, if you ARE really after a F030, I can give you contact details of a guy who is sat on about 6 of them! :shock: