supplier lists thought

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

supplier lists thought

Post by exxos » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Thinking of starting a thread or new sub forum for list of suppliers for all the stuff we buy, As finding stuff is hard, may be useful list I think ?

Though this would be a list NOT including ebay.. just alternatives where people can buy stuff outside of ebay and paypal's corrupt little empire!
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

rpineau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: supplier lists thought

Post by rpineau » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 pm

I agree. This would be useful. I took me forever to find PLCC plug for the 68020 board. I know you had a hard time finding the exact SIP 1.27 pitch for your board too. So a list of places where we can find stuff like this as well as other Atari things would be really useful.
Rodolphe
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2

rubber_jonnie

Post by rubber_jonnie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Not a bad idea at all.

Building the PAK-68/2 recently, finding things like the GALs was quite tricky. In the end I got them from WWW.UTSOURCE.NET at the suggestion of exxos, and they actually turned out just fine, it was just delivery times that were slow.

They kept me up to date all through the process, and the parts arrived well packed and I was quite impressed, as they were good value too.

The only bind was delivery time, which took about a month. I was happy enough with their service to just order 50 41256 ram chips for the princely sum of £15, so we'll se how that goes.

AliExpress is OK too, I've had Goteks, difficult to find components ( 13pin Atari video plugs for PCB fitting), tools such as eprom flashers etc, and aside from the relatively slow delivery times, it's all been good, let alone good value. If you use the mobile app, you can get furtehr discounts still.

Other than that, it's the usual suspects, RS, Farnell, Mouser, Digi-Key, eBay.
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ape Warp mod, 2x 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k) & XC12, SIO2SD, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST (1Meg) + Gotek, 1040STFM + Vortex ATOnce + Gotek, 1040STF long button floppy, 4160 STE with Gotek and ROM switcher, 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher and CosmosEx, not to mention various bare ST boards for testing including a PAK 68/2 :)
Plus the rest..
Amiga stuff, Mac stuff, Sinclair stuff etc...
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

DrF

Post by DrF » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 am

I keep using Aliexpress the sites a tad wonky at times for me, like most things though :p

Why bother with eBay just go direct to AliExpress where its all coming from anyhow.

On Alibaba if you filter the search results down to low miniums, free shipping, or select "paid samples" you can get a decent deal on a lot of stuff.

exxos wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 pm
Though this would be a list NOT including ebay.. just alternatives where people can buy stuff outside of ebay and paypal's corrupt little empire!