Flea market vendors

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
walter_j64bit

Flea market vendors

Post by walter_j64bit » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:47 am

Ok, I was in Morehead City today and was at the flea market I've seen a vendor with video games and game systems he had some 2600 games, most of games he had for sell I had but one called Spitfire Attack by Milton Bradley I had no idea that MB made games for the 2600 by anyway, he'd wanted $15.00 for the game I'm thinking this too high of a price for 2600, at that time someone was talking to the vendor about a price for a Nintendo DSi than he went to his laptop that he had setup on ebay to get the price for the Nintendo DSi that's when I've put down the copy of Spitfire Attack and just walked way, when I go to a flea market I'm not looking for ebay prices if wanted to ebay prices I would use ebay at home. :roll: Oh, I've check for the Spitfire Attack on ebay I've could get Spitfire Attack for $12.00 with fee shipping! I say just stay away from these Ebay/Flea market vendors! :roll:

exxos
Site Admin

Re: Flea market vendors

Post by exxos » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:54 am

Another market ebay have ruined :(
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

DrF

Post by DrF » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:56 am

The amount of times i've ran into that "but on eBay" yes but there's a little bit of protection there assuming the planets align, not some bloke in a field.

Just because its listed at £X don't mean it sold or will sell at £X I don't think people realise that.

Like with the cars I look at it's not unusual to see the same car reappear a week or 2 later after apparently being sold by the same seller, some of them have been relisted 3/4+ times.

So what happened did the buyer not pay? or did the seller back out? we will never know :lol:
Tends to happen more when a car goes for too little so think about it :lol:

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 am

One thing I never got exactly, is when something doesn't sell for a month, seller increases the price, then doesn't sell next month, then increase the price.. generally rather a lot each time as well. Oddly sometimes it then does sell :shrug:
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

DrF

Post by DrF » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:58 pm

exxos wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 am
One thing I never got exactly, is when something doesn't sell for a month, seller increases the price, then doesn't sell next month, then increase the price.. generally rather a lot each time as well. Oddly sometimes it then does sell :shrug:
I found that strange must be something to it thought because in all the marketing courses i've ever taken they say to do that, I think it's like a perceived value if they think it's expensive they might think its better or come in with a offer closer to what the seller really wants.

Amazon sellers use that tactic alot.