Yes, another frenchy

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Tophe38

Yes, another frenchy

Post by Tophe38 »

Hi,

I'm glad to join this board. I already was in touch with Exxos , thanks to there greats contributions to our favorite computer.

I start with a 520 STF, single side floppy drive :x , and move to STE later. Today, I still collecting lots of STF/STE, with several upgrade (RAM, IDE interface), and still have my good old SCSI Quantum 540Mo. I even own an original STFM (half size ST, with external floppy drive, and TOS loaded from disk).

Thanks to old time where I pick up STF from trash, I own 2 Falcon, and 1 Mega STE. I also have a dead Falcon motherboard, due to a bad 68030 removal :cry:.

Also, I live near Grenoble, between mountains.
P1140299.JPG
P1140299.JPG (86.9 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Tophe
dhedberg

Re: Yes, another frenchy

Post by dhedberg »

Welcome! That broken Falcon030 board is most likely fixable. Every Falcon rescued is worth a lot!
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org.
Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo It's that time of the year again, or click here to feel the JOY.
rpineau

Post by rpineau »

Bienvenue sur le forum
Rodolphe
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2
Tophe38

Post by Tophe38 »

Hi Daniel,

I'm glad to see you here.

I damage this falcon board on 2005, and then, I keep it safely for fixing it later. Some years ago, while I was working with some professionals in electronics, they try to fix the place where CPU stands, by without success. But I did not provide schematics, so, my colleague only try to fix broken tracks.

But I may open a thread about it when I'll back to it.

I made this (huge) mistake while trying to install a Centurbo II accelerator, with wrong instructions. The person who sell it give me wrong instruction, including "you have to remove the CPU". I was very very angry.
Also, I did not have knowledge, experience and tools I have now.

I try to bring (an most of the time succeed) old 8bit machines to life, but a Falcon is far more complicated :lol:

@rpineau : Merci camarade !

Tophe
mikro

Post by mikro »

Tophe38 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 pm I made this (huge) mistake while trying to install a Centurbo II accelerator, with wrong instructions. The person who sell it give me wrong instruction, including "you have to remove the CPU". I was very very angry.
Your anger was unfounded. This is what you have to do otherwise the CPU would be running at 8 MHz and draining power for nothing. I don't have the original CPU in my Falcon as well.

Do you still have the CT2?
Tophe38

Post by Tophe38 »

Hi mikro,

I still have to CT2. But it's a Rev A, not the common Rev B.
Rodolphe don't send me the installation guide for this revision, just telling me it's the same. Indeed, it wasn't.
Somebody else send it to me, and CPU removal was not written into it.
But, if you"re sure that CPU can be removed, then, I'm happy.

Now, I need to found time to fix it. So, I keep it securely :|

Also, is Falcon PCB is multi layer ?

Regards,
Tophe

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”