About me & my pumpkin

New user? Tell us about yourself!
ari.tao

About me & my pumpkin

Post by ari.tao »

Hi Lads,
beg your pardon for my bad accent, as I wasn´t using my English very much since 40 years, when I lived at Canterbury for one year as a postgrad at the University of Kent.

I am a german atari-freak, originated from Hannover, but now hosted at Karlsruhe since many years after my studies in physics, math. and computing. My first contact with the latter was with a really big machine, a CDC-1604a in 1966, but in 1986 I was very glad to have a thousend of it´s abilities just placed directly before my nose on my desk ´cause I happily owned my first Atari, a 520ST+, and started to program it using Modula2. So this addiction started...
Meanwhile I am retired and spending about a third of my time with playing chess and another third in polishing my various Ataris, ie. a Falcon (at ddd32MHz, BlowUp), a TT (with Thunder, Storm & CrazyDots GK) and some more. Since about two years now, I am involved in the German forum Atari-Home.de where you can find my contributions under the same nickname. Once upon a time there also was a few publications by me of zine articles and software. I have moderate experience with MAGX & MiNT, but not much in electronics.

I am joining in here in hope to get support for purchasing some of those goodies made by exxos and others, and may be to find some of the roots of TDI-M2 also.

Cheers, ari.tao
Falcon, TT & some more
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About me & my pumpkin

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave: :cheers:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Welcome fellow german Atarian ;)

I am originally from Stadthagen, which is roughly 60km from Hannover, now living in the Area of Brunswick :)

I believe you will find the community here not only very competent and productive but also very friendly, so no doubt you will feel welcome.
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

Thanx for vour warm welcome.
As I was educated at Canterbury as told before, I know well the english culture of discussion and fairnes and I´m fond of it very much. Please apologize if I don´t understand all the puns...
About every two month, @IngoQ , I spent some days in Hannover, so may be we´ll meet by chance.
Falcon, TT & some more

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”