Quick, brief intro

New user? Tell us about yourself!
jonord

Quick, brief intro

Post by jonord »

(I promise I will write a bit more later)

Atari user since 1989, began with a VIC-20 in 1983 or so, then moved on to a C-64 the year after. In 1989 the choice was between ST or amiga, most of my friend got Atari's, and the Atari was much cheaper, so that was the path I chosed as well.

In 1991 or 1992 I got my second ST, in ~94-95 I traded myself to an STE. In 2011 I was lucky to get a Falcon for a bargain price, and the year after a TT, a computer I'd always wanted to own.

I used to do lots of programming in GFA basic on my ST's, and I also ran a BBS called "The dark side of the moon" from 1992 to 1996.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick, brief intro

Post by IngoQ »

Good morning, and welcome to the forum :)

Cool a Sysop :) Roughly in that time I had Mailbox too, the SkyNet BBS, which was a project of our local computer club. Was you BBS ST only?
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

jonord wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:29 am I used to do lots of programming in GFA basic on my ST's, and I also ran a BBS called "The dark side of the moon" from 1992 to 1996.
:welcomewave:

You might be interested to know there is still a running Atari BBS http://www.darkforce.org/index2.html Actually running on a Real Atari as well!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
jonord

Post by jonord »

IngoQ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am Cool a Sysop :) Roughly in that time I had Mailbox too, the SkyNet BBS, which was a project of our local computer club. Was you BBS ST only?
I started out with a Megafile 30, so mainly Atari. My BBS also had a Pink Floyd theme. Got a membership to a computer club at the college I attended so I got access to internet in the fall of 1992, which meant I could find lots of stuff from FTP-sites. My Pink Floyd-area was filled with what was then quite unique material. I got hold of a 120 MB RLL disk eventually, so then I also had files for other platforms, but always mainly Atari and Pink Floyd. Still have the drives somewhere, but I'm not sure if they still works.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”