Hello

New user? Tell us about yourself!
hntcln2

Hello

Post by hntcln2 »

Hi,
my name is Colin and I've been an Atari user for around 35 years. My first was the 800, quickly followed by a 800XL, a 130XE and then a 520STFM. I als bought an Atari Lynx. Now I've almost got all the models.

I was one of the founding members of the Bournemouth & Poole Atari User Group. As well as being the treasurer, I was also the editor of its newsletter '8:16'.

I was also half of Gralin International. We primarily imported software from America but also developed some software and hardware for the Atari XL/XE computers.

My paying career was Telecommunications. I started as a hardware design engineer designing X.25 switches, XXX and multiplexers. Then as a support engineer before moving on to designing IP networks.

At the moment my study is being demolished so that I can rebuild it with more desk space. The extra desk space is for my Atari's.

Finally, I'm now living in Hamburg and hopefully I'll be able to attend a ABBUC RENO Meeting in Elmshorn soon.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave: Colin :)

Making room for more Atari's is always a good thing ;) What do you plan to have ?

What kind of hardware/software was you involved in then ? I don't know much past the "ST" range myself.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
tfhh

Post by tfhh »

Hi Colin,
hntcln2 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:35 pmHi,
my name is Colin and I've been an Atari user for around 35 years. My first was the 800, quickly followed by a 800XL, a 130XE and then a 520STFM. I als bought an Atari Lynx. Now I've almost got all the models.
[...]
Finally, I'm now living in Hamburg and hopefully I'll be able to attend a ABBUC RENO Meeting in Elmshorn soon.
Cool, you´re welcome! Next meeting on 09.09.2017 8-)

Best regards, Jurgen (Inventory of this meeting :mrgreen: )
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

tfhh wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 pm Best regards, Jurgen (Inventory of this meeting :mrgreen: )
I knew I had seen that handle before. THE Jürgen, who did the ABBUC hardware service for the last ... now basically forever? Trying to get by incognito? ;)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
tfhh

Post by tfhh »

Hi Ingo!
IngoQ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:39 pm I knew I had seen that handle before. THE Jürgen, who did the ABBUC hardware service for the last ... now basically forever? Trying to get by incognito? ;)
Yes, it´s me. No, I just want to sneak around here. Nice, little forum with a lot of hardware freaks. Feeling good in such an environment, that´s all ;)

BR Jurgen
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

IngoQ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:39 pm
tfhh wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 pm Best regards, Jurgen (Inventory of this meeting :mrgreen: )
I knew I had seen that handle before. THE Jürgen, who did the ABBUC hardware service for the last ... now basically forever? Trying to get by incognito? ;)
The who what ? More info required :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

The ABBUC (Atari Bit Byte User Club) is the worldwide biggest computer club with its focus on 8-Bit Ataris. It has around 400 Members and was founded 1985. The website can be found here http://www.abbuc.de/, but is mainly german, I am afraid. The ABBUC organizes events, holds software and hardware contests, and for quite a long time had a hardware service for the members. If you had a problem with your atari you could go there and get help. Or even get modifications installed if you lacked the capabilities. And Jürgen is the guy who basically ran it. It is almost impossible, to find any hardware discussion about 8bit Ataris without a post from him :)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”