Greetings from Yorkshire from an Amigan...

New user? Tell us about yourself!
chiark

Greetings from Yorkshire from an Amigan...

Post by chiark »

This seems a really friendly forum that I've stumbled across whilst trying to find out more about the wonderful Terrible Fire accelerators and expansions, and it's only polite to introduce myself.

I'm here for the Amiga stuff, and don't really know much about the Atari side of things - other than the Lynx, which is a great thing. There could be some bias on my part there as a few of the Amiga gang were involved in it... ;-)

I used to write for CU Amiga and Amiga Computing freelance in the early 90s to supplement student income, and wrote the Amiga driver for the graphics tablet. I still use the Amigas I have, and still think they were probably the biggest revolution in technology I've seen: I remember seeing Juggler running on an A1000 on a window of a computer shop in Coventry and being absolutely blown away that such a thing was possible on a home computer. Nearest I've come to that experience recently was putting on a HoloLens and having things just appear to be solid, stable and "there".

I am trying to improve my abilities to repair stuff and make stuff, and this forum seems to be an excellent resource for makers and doers, rather than just talkers. I'll try not to just be a talker ;-)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Yorkshire from an Amigan...

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:

Yes, we have a friendly productive community here for Atari & Amiga :) There are a lot of knowledgeable active people on this forum who are indeed doers rather than just talkers. The only person to probably endlessly ramble on about something is probably myself :lol: :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”