Greetings from Hove, actually!

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Kai Robinson

Greetings from Hove, actually!

Post by Kai Robinson »

Hello!

My name is Kai, i've been lurking as a reader for a while, on and off, finally decided to setup a forum account. I recently bit the retro bullet and got myself an A500+ again. I had an A500 back in school and later I also managed to get the schools old 1040STFM before it went in the skip. I always regretted getting rid of both of them as years passed by. I'm into electronics, and i love the idea of building an accelerator, or even just re-capping boards...i have a disease, i know! :D

I work for Unity Technologies in IT support, so i'm surrounded by tech all the time, but something keeps drawing me back to the 'simpler' stuff.

In my spare time I can usually be found reading articles on something nerdy, underneath the bonnet of my BMW, in the kitchen making dinner for the wife or streaming something on Twitch (usually Elite Dangerous/The Division/Fallout 4)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Hove, actually!

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

:welcomewave: Kal, what country are you from?
Kai Robinson

Post by Kai Robinson »

UK - I'd add it to my profile but i'm half-asleep right now :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

:welcomewave:

You'll certainly find lots to see and do here :)

Also in tech myself, and there has got to be something said for simpler stuff!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ya, I find it interesting to see ones country. after 6:00 pm here it gets really quiet on the forum after all the UK members are sawing logs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”