Hello - I'm a Commodore user in an Atari world here ;-)

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Error42

Hello - I'm a Commodore user in an Atari world here ;-)

Post by Error42 »

Hello, I just thought I'd join in over here as I've heard this is a nice place to be as far as forums go.

My main retro interest is the Amiga, although I do have some other systems too like the Spectrum, Acorn A3000, BBC micro etc.... err no Atari though... sorry! :-)

I've been watching Stephen's development of his TerribleFire boards and will hopefully get around to building and using a couple myself at some point, once I get my soldering work good enough anyway.

Most of what I own is either non-functional (at the moment) and some systems don't have their original casings so are just PCB's. But that's fine because I'm hoping to do various modding with some of them anyway.
Over the last 10 years or so I've collected various hardware, thankfully I managed to get hold of most of it before the prices got as silly as they are now. So currently I'm going through that bit by bit and either making use of it, or selling it on... to fund other purchases of course :-D

I have a You Tube channel, also called Error 42 which I started this year, the videos aren't great and there's not much on there yet but it's a start.

Hopefully at some point I may be able to answer some questions on here rather than just asking them ;-)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello - I'm a Commodore user in an Atari world here ;-)

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:

Yeah we mostly nice on here, not saying we sane, but generally nice ;) We have Amiga and Atari sections here, TF has his own sub forum for his stuff.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Error42

Post by Error42 »

That's good hear, I'm always a bit wary of those sane people ;-)
chlu600

Post by chlu600 »

Welcome :-)
I’m most interested in Atari (16 bit), but have a wide range of hardware from consoles, neogeo, pcb, c64 and even Amiga ;)

Long live retro computing!
redhawk668

Post by redhawk668 »

:welcomewave: I was an all time Sinclair and Atari user, but I now own Atari and Commodore stuff. That rivalry of which is the best computer is something of the past, now it's childish.... So, being a Commodore user in an Atari world shouldn't be something weird, isn't it? ;)
My collection: 1040 STE, TOS 2.06, 4 mb, CosmosEx - 520 STFM, TOS 1.04, 4 mb, Blitter, CosmosEx - 520 STFM, TOS 1.04, 4 mb - 1040 STF, TOS 1.04, 1 mb, Gotek - Amiga 1200 with Blizzard 1220/4 - Amiga 500 + ACA500 - Amiga 500 + TF530, 1 mb chipram hack.

Atari 8 bit: 800XLF, stock - 600XL, Ultimate 1 mb, Sophia RGB - 130XE, 320 kb, Sophia RGB

Sinclair stuff: 3x Spectrum 48KB, Clones: Harlequin, JS128, Nuvo128 and Issue3B replica.

Ultimate64, a few C64 breadbins and Pi1541 for storage.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”