Hello from Oxford

New user? Tell us about yourself!
cmorley

Hello from Oxford

Post by cmorley »

Hello All,

I got back into retro computers a couple of years ago when I got my old Acorn BBCs out of storage. I've always been more keen on hardware design than using the machines so I knocked up some small memory modules for them. It sort of snowballed from there :? I rather like the old 8-bit machines - they have a lot of charm which is missing in the modern world. I'm active on the stardot Acorn forum.

Since then I've aquired a few Amigas (rev 3, 5 & 6A 500s, A500+, A600s and an A1200) and an Atari 520STe which I know nothing about other than it is very dirty and powers on :) I've also picked up more Acorn machines, an Electron, more Bs, a Master, Master Compact and an A3000. The 68K is alien to me but I've had a lot of fun learning about the Amiga hardware and designing some hardware for the A500.

Lots of projects on the go and in the pipeline. Some more Amiga stuff in the works then back to the 8-bit Acorn machines for some love I think.

So I am a total Atari noob and mostly came along here for the general retro hardware vibe.

Chris
stephen_usher

Re: Hello from Oxford

Post by stephen_usher »

Welcome.... *waves from another part of Oxford* :-)
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Oxford

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”