Hello from Fife Scotland

New user? Tell us about yourself!
indigolemon

Hello from Fife Scotland

Post by indigolemon »

Hello all,

My name is Graham and I have just bought my first ST as a gift for a friend who is putting his old MIDI music studio back together. I have no doubt I'll be asking many (likely) stupid questions shortly as I try and suss it out (apparently all good bar a non functional floppy drive).

At the recent Scottish Amiga Meet a certain Mr Leary suggested this would be a good place to sign up for help/advice etc, so here I am.

Cheers!
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
PhilC

Re: Hello from Fife Scotland

Post by PhilC »

Welcome to the forum, full of many stupid questions already, so feel free to join in.

:lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
TimNaber

Post by TimNaber »

Welcome!

I am recently new here too. Yes, this is the place you should be at. There several technical people here that can advise. Unfortunately, on a scale from 1 to 10 (10=expert) I am at about 4. I can do mods, but when it comes to tracking down faults, I get lost and I usually just replace.
ST: TT030 10/32m; Falcon 030 14m(2); MSTe 4m; MST 4m(3); MST 4m AdSpeed; 1040STf 4m(4); ST 4m(2); MF 44 w/SCSI2SD(3); MF 30(3); MF30 w/Drem

8-Bit: 320XE w/Ultraspeed+/FIXXL; 320XE; 130XE w/Ultimate 1m; 600XL w/Ultimate 1m; 800XL w/Omnimon XL/Boss XL/Omniview XL; 800 w/Incognito; 800 48K; Black Box Enhanced(3); 1050 Super Archiver II; 1050 Happy(2); XF551 360K(2); XF551 720K; HD Tower 480m
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

Thanks for the welcome chaps!

Think we are in roughly the same boat Tim. Happy to potter about but tracing faults in things can be a long long path! Recently acquired an oscilloscope so hopefully that can help if I get really stuck.

Hardware wise I've a lot of experience with the Amiga side of the 68k fence - but this is my first foray into the Atari side of things. Looking forward to it, should be interesting :)
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

indigolemon wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm Hello all,

My name is Graham and I have just bought my first ST as a gift for a friend who is putting his old MIDI music studio back together. I have no doubt I'll be asking many (likely) stupid questions shortly as I try and suss it out (apparently all good bar a non functional floppy drive).

At the recent Scottish Amiga Meet a certain Mr Leary suggested this would be a good place to sign up for help/advice etc, so here I am.

Cheers!
Hi!
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

Fancy seeing you here :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Welcome... :) :welcomewave:
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:01 pm Welcome... :) :welcomewave:
Thanks! It's not arrived yet, so no stupid questions as yet :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Restart you’re Phake5 T-Shirt line :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
gebes

Post by gebes »

Welcome from one with too many 500's , and a first ever Atari 1040ste which has been overhauled and upgraded :D

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”