Hello from Fife Scotland

New user? Tell us about yourself!
indigolemon

Re: Hello from Fife Scotland

Post by indigolemon »

gebes wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:20 pm Welcome from one with too many 500's , and a first ever Atari 1040ste which has been overhauled and upgraded :D
Thanks! :D The ST arrived today, sadly stuck in a clients office atm. Look forward to seeing what like when I get home!
terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:09 pm Restart you’re Phake5 T-Shirt line :)
I just got the image redone as an EPS :twisted:
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Welcome to the dark side! :D
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

Well, it's a C070789-001 REV.F - opened it up and gave it a clean before firing up.

Only 512kb of RAM, but from what I've read so far that shouldn't be an issue ;)

Sadly both floppy drives are kaput it seems (had one installed and a spare in the box), if plugged in they keep the floppy light on constantly and do very little. I just get left with a white screen. Unplugging it takes me to the desktop. As simple as a dead floppy drive? I hope so!

Any other things I should be checking?
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

indigolemon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:37 pm Well, it's a C070789-001 REV.F - opened it up and gave it a clean before firing up.

Only 512kb of RAM, but from what I've read so far that shouldn't be an issue ;)

Sadly both floppy drives are kaput it seems (had one installed and a spare in the box), if plugged in they keep the floppy light on constantly and do very little. I just get left with a white screen. Unplugging it takes me to the desktop. As simple as a dead floppy drive? I hope so!

Any other things I should be checking?
Personally I hate floppy drives (I religiously replace them with FlashFloppy), and I should have some spare if you would need replacement.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

Yeah - a Gotek with Flashfloppy is definitely choice 1!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

indigolemon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:04 pm Yeah - a Gotek with Flashfloppy is definitely choice 1!
Start a photo thread :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
indigolemon

Post by indigolemon »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:05 pm
indigolemon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:04 pm Yeah - a Gotek with Flashfloppy is definitely choice 1!
Start a photo thread :)
Will do, away with work first thing tomorrow but should get a chance at the weekend :)

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”