Hi all

New user? Tell us about yourself!
STNoob

Hi all

Post by STNoob »

I didn't grow up with an ST, as much as I wanted one when they were still in the shops.

I now own a STE with 4160 with a rom switcher, and a Comosex with a Pi. I mostly just play games.

I'm waiting, like many others I guess, on a UBE Video Adapter. I purchased a NEC LCD 1970NX, just for it! :D I missed the first round of sales sadly. Even though I'd been logging in every day waiting to get my hands on one. These things happen.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi all

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:

Yes sadly this is all a hobby for us developers, we all have day jobs also, so keeping up high stock levels is practically impossible.

So what games do like to play on your machine?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
STNoob

Post by STNoob »

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was moaning. I fully understand hobby vs day job. What you and other guys like you, make, is way over my head. I can use a soldering iron for some basic stuff, as long as I'm told what goes were with diagrams. :)

I like playing pretty much anything really. It's just nice seeing games, in a way that I was just in such awe over back in the day. I was still playing about with a Spectrum +2 when most had moved onto the ST and Amiga. Even then, most at my school weren't even into computers. Time I left school, there was one PC 286 in the library, where the rest of the machines were Arcs.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

STNoob wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm I'm sorry if I sounded like I was moaning. I fully understand hobby vs day job.
Not at all : it was a perfectly valid question :) I was just merely stating that these things just simply take time. I put in order with urban as soon as the first batch sold I ordered twice as many this time. I'm sure there will be a status update very soon. It was waiting on some connectors to arrive when I spoke to him a few days ago.

STNoob wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm What you and other guys like you, make, is way over my head. I can use a soldering iron for some basic stuff, as long as I'm told what goes were with diagrams. :)
Well at least you are trying :) which is more than a lot of people do.
STNoob wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm I like playing pretty much anything really. It's just nice seeing games, in a way that I was just in such awe over back in the day. I was still playing about with a Spectrum +2 when most had moved onto the ST and Amiga. Even then, most at my school weren't even into computers. Time I left school, there was one PC 286 in the library, where the rest of the machines were Arcs.
I think they had a 286 when I was at school but just one, I think that was in the library also. Most of the machines were are RM nimbus machines or some old BBC machines in the computer room I think. Thinking about it that could be middle school.. In high school I think they may have had more 286 PCs. I think someone installed Micro machines on the one in our form room. I did not really like it, I thought supercars on the ST was much better :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”