Hello from Spain

New user? Tell us about yourself!
mixinu

Hello from Spain

Post by mixinu »

Well I'm not exactly a collector or a retro hardware modder like many of you here probably are, but due to the lockdown I need to find something productive to do and so these days I decided to spend some time with my beloved A500+ which unfortunately failed to boot up when I hook it up after many years of no use.

Opened the case to see if I could figure out what was wrong, only to find the leakage and damage caused by the internal Ni-Cd battery. Had to clean the mess and repair a few broken tracks on the motherboard (with the help of Amiga PCB Explorer), and it came back from the dead! That was a great moment to see my Amiga asking me to insert a disk again.

The floppy drive and most of my old disks still working, but I went ahead and did some improvements. Installed a Gotek and a STM32 with Flashfloppy + OSD + rottary encoder. Now it feels great to swap disks and be able to play hundreds of games from a USB stick, but I still want to be able to play my original games, so also added a simple switch to swap between the native floppy drive and the Gotek. But still too slow! Maybe it's time to think about an accelerator card with some IDE support that I can use to speed things up. Always dreamed to have a HD on my Amiga back at the time! That's how I found out about the TF cards and this forum.

My next step is to attempt to build a TF card. It looks a nice choice to take my A500+ to the next level, and the only opensource accelerator I could find so far. Good to save money and learn new things at the same time!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Spain

Post by Icky »

:welcomewave:
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

Tom

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”