And yet another Ozzie

New user? Tell us about yourself!
karlm

And yet another Ozzie

Post by karlm »

Hi Everyone

Don't hurl things in my general direction, but I'm an Atari enthusiast from way back. Had plenty of mates with Amigas, and there was mutual respect even back then. Seems only like yesterday that I got my Falcon030, and I realise now that was almost 27 years ago. Let's not get into the STf I got back in 86 :|

Getting back into the real hardware, not really one for emulators (PC, RaspberryPi, etc) , but am definitely interested in the re-makes and FPGA boards like the MiSTer, etc. And TF's work has me really interested. Just got some new tips for my trusty old Weller soldering station, Goot Wick and am ready to go.

Was a lurker / sometimes contributor on Atari-Forum way back when, but apparently you have no time to reminisce once you get married and have kids. (Number 2 due within a week). Still visit occasionally, but things have changed.

Over on the east coast of Australia, down near the bottom, but not on that island full of crazies :)

Oh, and Still got an original Falcon030 with 4MB, 68882; 1040STf, 1040STe with 4MB and switchable 1.62/2.06 thanks to Greenious, 1040STfm, couple of 314s, a SC1224 that needs to have it's day brightened, a SM125!? and a SC1435!? that went pop. Pretty sure it's just the power circuit caps that went, but never got around to checking it out due to having some monster NEC multisync 68!? " TV/Monitor.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: And yet another Ozzie

Post by Icky »

:welcomewave:
JezC

Post by JezC »

Always good to have more Falcon owners in the group - I feel we are quite a small minority of members (but everyone makes us welcome anyway :lol: )
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Smonson

Post by Smonson »

karlm wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:32 am Over on the east coast of Australia, down near the bottom, but not on that island full of crazies :)
Hey karlm, welcome to the forum. I'm up in Canberra, you must be fairly close.
karlm

Post by karlm »

Hey karlm, welcome to the forum. I'm up in Canberra, you must be fairly close.
Little further down, about half an hour from the Border. You could say I'm an honorary Mexican.
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

Welcome to the forum. :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

Welcome karlm

Always good to see another Aussies saying g'day. I am bit further north in Brisbane. There are a few here in our local Atari group.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”