Hello from France

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Vinz67

Hello from France

Post by Vinz67 »

Hello everybody :)

I'm Vincent, 43, from the Strasbourg area, France.
My first computed was an Amstrad CPC 6128 with which I discovered BASIC. I sold it to get my first Atari 1040STf back in 1992, used it mainly with Cubase 2.0, Devpack and Omikron. Just selling that one.
Got a Falcon in 1997 which I still have, it has a CENTurbo1 evolution 3 accelerator (25MHz CPU, 50MHz DSP), NetUSBee and Exxos RTC board. I used for programming in C, assembly, and for music tools like Digital Home Studio.
I also have a 1040STe 4MB, with UltraSatan, wireless mouse adapter and Exxos TOS 2.06 chips, which I use for programming (Omikron, C, ASM, and recently a bit of LOGO) and also as sequencer.
My best friend also gave me his Amiga 600 a few months ago. It's at the repair shop now as it has problems booting but I have bought expansions for it ready to be installed, CF card adapter and chip RAM/RTC card.
I am not great at it but I follow discussions on EmuTOS and FreeMiNT. I am interested in writting MIDI software.
Very happy to see an active and great people in the Atari/Amiga community ! :)

Vincent
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from France

Post by Icky »

:welcomewave:
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:

Another Falcon owner joins..hurrah.
What sort of MIDI s/w are you thinking of writing?
Vinz67

Post by Vinz67 »

I want to write an open source midi sequencer, with the ST in mind but which should work on "any" Atari. But not with MiNT because it creates too many timing and compatibility problems.
I've got the basics to catch midi bytes and recognise midi events, the code is actually on Github here https://github.com/vinz6751/Vinzeq
I have code to generate clock signals, and I'm just writting a routine to send MIDI bytes under interrupt.
I also have a setup with song/track/parts in Pure C and some incomplete code that uses the above to record a sequence.
thairacer

Post by thairacer »

:welcomewave: bienvenue :)
rpineau

Post by rpineau »

Bienvenue.
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”