Greetings from Teesside, UK

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Twisted_Anth

Greetings from Teesside, UK

Post by Twisted_Anth »

Well where to start.....from humble ZX81 beginnings (when I was 5) I've always liked my computers.
Finally dug out my old machines and picked the Atari 520STFM for my first restore.
Found this place when searching for ST upgrades. I'm awaiting parts right now...sadly sourced elsewhere but I've already made plans for exxos parts in the near future.
So first thing is a gotek as the floppy drive has packed in and makes horrible screeching noises. then I'm going to up the ram to 1mb.
I've already stripped, cleaned and removed a small amount of corrosion from the mainboard. I've got rust on the serial ports and modulator output....which will have to be replaced at some point i guess. its a C070789-001 board but no rev: so not sure what that means right now. 6 chip TOS though.

I've got a few other machines to restore, such as C64C with 1541 drive and several ZX spectrums. Just wish i hadn't sold my Amiga 500 now though although to be fair I did get very drunk on the £40 (it was in the early 90's).
Atari 520 STFM, CBM 64C, ZX Spectrum +2, ZX Spectrum 48K, Xbox, Ps one, original Gameboy, SNES :D
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Teesside, UK

Post by Icky »

:welcomewave:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

:welcomewave:

That board version should see you right for the usual mods.

Enjoy.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:

Welcome on board!

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”