Hello from Reading, UK

New user? Tell us about yourself!
alexh

Re: Hello from Reading, UK

Post by alexh »

Hi, I'm just down the next stop on the train line in Didcot, 18 minutes away. Pre-Covid I'd go to Reading most weekends shopping and a pint at The Ale House and the Allied Arms. Welcome. If you need any bits let me know.
Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
juz400

Post by juz400 »

I can remember many a night in the late 1990`s staggering out the back of the PurpleTurtle with a pint of beer stashed inside my jacket pocket to sup/spill on the way back to the trainstation :lol:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Although I'm a Hebridean my grandfather is from Reading originally and I have a lot of family in the area still. :) Literally the only football team i have ever supported is the Royals :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
viking272

Post by viking272 »

alexh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 pm Hi, I'm just down the next stop on the train line in Didcot, 18 minutes away. Pre-Covid I'd go to Reading most weekends shopping and a pint at The Ale House and the Allied Arms. Welcome. If you need any bits let me know.
Excellent, not far at all alexh. I know those bars well too :-)
I'm fixing up my Falcon and STE and building a case for them from MDF/fibre wood but for now I think I'm good!
terriblefire wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:18 pm Although I'm a Hebridean my grandfather is from Reading originally and I have a lot of family in the area still. :) Literally the only football team i have ever supported is the Royals :)
Nice one terriblefire. I once sat next to ex-footballer Ady Williams at a dinner. I won a round of golf that evening at a nearby golf course and we arranged to go together, then I lost all the paperwork the following week :-( I also worked with Thiery Nevers mum. She named him after Thiery Henry - a self fulfilling prophecy!
juz400 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:02 pm I can remember many a night in the late 1990`s staggering out the back of the PurpleTurtle with a pint of beer stashed inside my jacket pocket to sup/spill on the way back to the trainstation :lol:
Haha, my work office is about 100m from Purple Turtle and every Monday morning there's a collection of pint glasses on the window sills.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Hello from Oxford! :welcomewave:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
hiddenevil

Post by hiddenevil »

Hello from South Yorkshire!
viking272

Post by viking272 »

stephen_usher wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:19 pm Hello from Oxford! :welcomewave:
Not far - just over the border :)
hiddenevil wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:38 pm Hello from South Yorkshire!
Howdy hiddenevil :)

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”