Hi All not been on for awhile - UK

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Paradroid901

Hi All not been on for awhile - UK

Post by Paradroid901 »

Hi All

I know it has been awhile since I have posted and I did not do an intro at the time :-(

Here is goes, I am based in UK and have various Retro Computers in my collection including my pimped out STe with 4mb Ram, 32mhz Booster with an Ultra Satan built into the case with TOS 2.06/TOS 1.62 switchable roms

Must admit that I am looking for some help to get this project fully off the ground. As with a lot of STe's I have problems with HD access, in the main I have no problems if I install a HD image to a SD Card for reading but if write to the disc at all, it corrupts the HD straight away.

Was going ask if anyone UK based fancies the challenge of addressing this issue for me and helping in getting the best out of STe.

Thanks in advance and great to say hi :-)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi All not been on for awhile - UK

Post by exxos »

:welcomewave:

I would suggest you open up a topic in the hardware issues sub forum and post all the image and info on your machine to see if there is anything obviously wrong there...

@Steve is the resident UK fixer currently.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:

Welcome to the forum.

I've still not done an intro...and I have been a member since the very early days :oops:
Paradroid901

Post by Paradroid901 »

Thanks for the quick reply. Will try to get some images across and will add to another thread. :-)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi @Paradroid901 feel free to PM me if you need any fixes done for your machine.
Paradroid901

Post by Paradroid901 »

Thanks for the message @Steve will send PM shortly
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

:welcomewave: even if belated :)

My first suggestion would be mandatory fixes, specifically the bus pull up resistors and probably the WD1772 data line pull ups.

I have an STFM that I still need to do these mods to and my US boots fine, but any attempt to write to the drive causes corruption. Sound familiar?

Good luck :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”