Newbe

New user? Tell us about yourself!
gazak28

Newbe

Post by gazak28 »

Hi everyone thanks for allowing me to join the group and get to know people.
Yes, I am another from down under. I am not an expert, just a person who has been in and out of the Atari scene since the early nineties when I was based in New Zealand.
Have bought and sold a few Ataris over the last couple of years. But I have settled on the Falcon(2) and STE's(4) but have just listed two STE's on Ebay to share the love around.(For Atari's lol)
I like many of you have bought stuff off Chris(Exxos) to hopefully keep our machines operating.
I am on here to get some advice.
I recently installed an Exxos NVRAM into one of my Falcons and am having some troubles. I am lucky enough to be involved in a small Atari club and Paul one of the members was able to check my soldering, and tested every solder joint with a multi meter. Checking them against Exxos diagrams.
Every time I go through the process of reseting the NVRAM it all seems to go well.
When I switch the machine of to see if the time holds it will not start. I have to take the battery out, unplug the power supply and wait for about 5 minutes. Switch it on without the battery it works. Put the battery in and it is like Ground Hog Day all over again. The battery has been tested too.
Please if someone has had similar problems I would like to hear. I am waiting on some capacitors to try the trick that Exxos has suggested.
Cheers
Gary
Bikerbob

Re: Newbe

Post by Bikerbob »

Good luck Gary, I think I know the Paul you are talking about about. I chat with him on the facebook groups. I have never gotten into the falcon myself, I have 2 megaSTEs and have been bringing them back up to snuff with lots of trials and tribulations.. This forum is very good, if for no other reason its like a personal helpline to Chris, that others see and can also input on.. lol

Repost your issue in the hardware section, more people will specificallly read it there, as not everyone checks the intro page all the time.

James
gazak28

Post by gazak28 »

Hi James,
Nice to hear from you.
Thanks will repost as you suggested.
Thanks
Gary
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

gazak28 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:49 am Hi everyone thanks for allowing me to join the group and get to know people.
:welcomewave:
gazak28 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:49 am Yes, I am another from down under. I am not an expert, just a person who has been in and out of the Atari scene since the early nineties when I was based in New Zealand.
Have bought and sold a few Ataris over the last couple of years. But I have settled on the Falcon(2) and STE's(4) but have just listed two STE's on Ebay to share the love around.(For Atari's lol)
Are Falcons huge sums of cash over there ? Presume so.. Always good to have 2 ;)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
gazak28

Post by gazak28 »

Thanks for the hello people.
Yes Falcons are really expensive here as our A$ is crap. We pay through the nose as we have to go overseas to source most Atari stuff.
If we buy on Ebay overseas for more than a$1000.00 we pay import tax, I think it is about 30%, so if a Falcon is advertised here the Atari community go hell for leather.
Cheers
Till next time

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”