Zarchos onboard ;-)

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Zarchos

Zarchos onboard ;-)

Post by Zarchos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi all !

Some of you will know me from the atari-forum.
I am more an Acorn nutter :lol: but I love the Ataris (inc 8 bits) and have also great admiration for all the Atari 16 and 32 bitters.
Great community, great achievements.

So far I have been coding (slowly, due to lack of incentive) on the Archies,
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... es+POC+WIP
but now with a Falcon on its way (and a Q68),
I am going to be much more into 680x0 programming.

I have a YT channel, where you can see various bits, more or less interesting (that includes these buildings bought on the 30/11/17
where I intend to have a museum of retrocomputing (but not only, it will be much more)).
I have acomputer scientist background, but that was more than 20 years ago, as I did something completely different as a career.
It went well enough so that I am now more or less retired, and can focus on this museum / games development / teaching project.

That's all for now.
And yes, I love hedgehogs and cats too ;-)

Xavier Louis Tardy aka Zarchos.

EDITED (removal, had no interest to post it here ; typos removed).

rpineau

Re: Zarchos onboard ;-)

Post by rpineau » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Bienvenue sur le forum.
RoRo

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 pm

rpineau wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm
Bienvenue sur le forum.
RoRo
Merki ! ***

Thanks to you for being a great, friendly community, open minded.

French humour ;-)

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Zarchos wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Hi all !
:welcomewave:
Zarchos wrote:
Some of you will know me from the atari-forum.
AF is like swearing here ;)
Zarchos wrote:
I am more an Acorn nutter :lol: but I love the Ataris (inc 8 bits) and have great admiration for all the Atari 16 and 32 bitters.
Great community, great achievements.
Nothing wrong been a fan of more than one retro machine :)

Zarchos wrote:
I am going to be much more into 680x0 programming.
68K series is a very good CPU ;)
Zarchos wrote:
I have a YT channel, where you can see various bits, more or less interesting (that includes these buildings bought on the 30/11/17)
where I intend to have a museum of retrocomputing (but not only, it will be much more).
That sounds like something awesome, maybe would get younger generation into retro computer bit more, if they could see the machines in action and use them.

Zarchos wrote:
I have a work in progress theory that people with cats are generally nicer people :)

Zarchos wrote:
PS : And no, I do not vomit all Amiga owners : only those bashing and trashing all the time the Archies and of course the Atari machines.
Sometimes it makes me upload some 'revenge !' videos on my YT channel, where, honestly, and with th very well know French humility you have all heard about, I am rather good at (and recorded live ;-) without notes ).
People here own Amiga computers, nobody here is going to start flame wars like this :) this forum is a friendly place, there are enough threads on Amiga vs Atari spanning decades, nobody wants to read about it anymore, and I think I speak for a lot of people here, when I say, that nobody really gives a crap about such discussions. If someone enjoys using a machine, its their business, and nobody else's. All machines have good and bad points, it is better to work towards improving them and being positive rather than just constantly being negative and causing flame wars.

If you wanted to do a blog about Acorn stuff, and by all means do so. If anyone comes here flaming any members or causing trouble, they will just get banned as its not tolerated here :)
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I am thrilled I will at last own a Falcon, awesome machine, truely (Am I allowed to say I find it more capable and interesting than a stock Archimedes ?
That is what I believe, and always have.).
And I own some Amigas too, of course (ahem, not really sure there is a system I do not own, after buying for years for the museum project).
Not bad, for an Acorn nutter, after all :lol:

Machines are what people do with them, eventually.
For sure the Atari lovers did great.
I must admit watching demos lying on the floor, and not sitted, in order not to fall of my (arm)chair :shock:

Long live Atari and the sceners !

IngoQ

Post by IngoQ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Zarchos wrote:
Hi all !
Hi there, and welcome to our small corner of the interwebs :)
Zarchos wrote:
I have acomputer scientist background, but that was more than 20 years ago, as I did something completely different as a career.
It went well enough so that I am now more or less retired, and can focus on this museum / games development / teaching project.
This sounds like a really cool project. Care to talk a little more about it? I am curious :)

Zarchos wrote:
Actually we have a few working theories about the relation of cats and ataris here ;)
exxos wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 pm
If you wanted to do a blog about Acorn stuff, and by all means do so. If anyone comes here flaming any members or causing trouble, they will just get banned as its not tolerated here
Actually I would be very interested to read such a blog ;) I always wanted a A3010/3020 for my collection, but geez, these are hard to find here in germany lately. And if you see one, they are way to expensive... at least for my budget ;)

But nevertheless I find them very fascinating machines, and they are the true ancestors of our smartphones, so they deserve their place in any collection :)
Ingo :geek:

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 pm

OK.

For the museum, I think the best is that I give you some links :
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... it=zarchos
https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... ion/55576/

For the archies, you have the stardot forum which is a great place.
Recent developments (I speak about them in my 'doability of SOTB on the Acorn Archimedes') mean the Archies had much more in their guts than too
many people thought.

I occasinnally sell fully refurbished 4 Mbyte Archies with Burr Brown OPA, unfiltered sound, with a hundred diskettes of goodies, in the €300 inc shipping
to Western Europe countries.
In particular to people who could create stuff on them.

I can answer questions about the machines, but well stardot and even the thread about the Archies on atari-forum will tell you a lot about them, anyway.

Xavier.