Greetz from Perth, WA

New user? Tell us about yourself!
Cheshire Noir

Greetz from Perth, WA

Post by Cheshire Noir »

(Heh. With a subject like like that I feel fifteen again. That was... quite a few years ago)
ANYWAY,
I'm Cheshire Noir (Obviously not my real name) and the "first time round" I had a C64 then an Amiga 1200 then moved onto PCs.

I've got into retrocomputing about 3 years back. One of my first purchases was an Atari 1040 STfm that had been fitted with a Gotek. It's a lovely computer and I've played a LOT of games on it. I do enjoy that the OS is in ROM.
I've also got an Amiga 1200, sadly without a case, that I hope to put into a custom laser cut enclosure one of these days. (I've already made the case cut files. Just need to borrow a cutter and make sure it all fits. After that, I'll probably want some sort of accelerator / RAM upgrade, so I am keeping my eyes on the TerribleFire subchannels)
Beyond that, I have a whole bunch of systems: 1 x VIC-20, 3 x Commodore 64, 1 x SX 64 (Sadly not working), 1 x Commodore 128D, 1 x Apple II europlus (as well as a clone), 1 x Apple IIe (as well as a clone), 1 x Apple IIgs with lots of fixings, 1 x Creativision, 1 x Mac Se/30, 1 x Atari 800xl, 1 BBC Master system and a CPC 464.
As of 2 days ago, I also got 2 perfectly working Atari STᴇ systems! One was already fitted with 4Mb and I had SIMMs left over from working on the SE/30 so now the other has also been upgraded. I also have a non working Archimedes on its way, which will be a REAL challenge I expect.

I have a blog at: https://ilike8bits.com/

I'm currently spending a year upgrading / kitting out systems. Something I'll want to do is to build an ACSI2SD adapter so I can get some software on the two STᴇ systems.

Being in the "loneliest city in the world" does add challenges to the hobby, but nothing I haven't been able to overcome.

Cheers!

Chesh.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetz from Perth, WA

Post by Icky »

:welcomewave:
JezC

Post by JezC »

Welcome on board!
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

Hi Cheshire

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see another Aussie join us here.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Cheshire Noir

Post by Cheshire Noir »

Cheers everybody!
I should point out my current projects are:
Working on a replacement keyboard for the Creativision over on the Madrigal Designs site.
Trying to fix my Mac SE/30 PSU on the Aussie Apple II forum.
Starting to look around at the ACSI2STM and what i'll need. Hoping that I can ask around about this one here.

Chesh
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Hi and welcome,
Plenty of Retro Gurus about in these forums, and it is a very relaxed and positive atmosphere. :)

Spent a couple of years in the West, about 25 years ago, could never get use to the sand :lol:

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”